Revival of the Chickenhawk...

DF & GTF: in reference to the Blue Goon, see below

No, there is no thread on this car (well I started one when I got it but I am sure it has died), I bought the goon in the middle of the green coupe project and am hoping that one will be done late this year or early next.  The goon is next on the list.  Hoping to have my shop built by that time.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dude, that lotus, i want

druv it to mee sum frems atta barbecoo place thish afernoon... i don drink beer enuf anymor apparemply... too was one to menny... gotta bituva buzz goin... shudnta drivn hom... mad it tho... gotta take a nap now

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was sent to look at some parts for a Bronco we're building to sell, right?  How would y'all know?  Because I just told you... anyhoo, while grokking the parts, I mentioned building a set of "Roll Bar Doors" for it.  The dude says, "I have some of those as well."  I looked at them and thought, "Meh, what the hell.  They might fit the Land cruiser."  I bought them.  When I got back to the shop, and they most assuredly did NOT fit the Land Cruiser, I decided to see how well they filled the hole in a 1200.  The answer... "Surprisingly!"  I took a picture of the doors but not in the hole.  I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ok, I wasn't really feeling the whole "work ethic" thing today so I piddled with my stuff instead.  I ground off the hinges and striker from one of those "roll bar doors" I bought yesterday and gave it a test fit in the 1200.  It really does fit surprisingly well.  I took a picture of it but... well, let me just say that computers and computer programmers suck ass.

• Like 2

Many thanks to datsunfreak for posting my blurry-assed picture.  I am going to impose upon him again later to take some non-blurry-assed pictures of the whole gestalt of the car with the doors and ask for y'all to give your opinions on it.  

I have had one "Gopher it!" vote by the way.

Ok, before anyone else votes to go for the Bronco doors, I think I'm going with regular doors on this car.  I am, however, now on the lookout for a really sh!tty 1200 to turn into a "Slowster."  I plan on using these doors to reinforce the opening when I chop off the roof.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dual DCOE manifold for the Z-20 arrived today... at least a rattly box from Canadia arrived today.  It's supposed to be a dual DCOE manifold for the Z-20.  I haven't actually opened it to see.  I've been busy with... lettuce say, something else.  I'll grok what I have on Saturday and ax John to take a picture for y'all.

• Like 1

Dual DCOE manifold for the Z-20 arrived today... at least a rattly box from Canadia arrived today.  It's supposed to be a dual DCOE manifold for the Z-20.

And in case he didn't mention it (which he didn't), there is a plan afoot wherein this car will not be getting my L20b, but instead will be getting a Z20 engine with his lovely handbuilt header and the aforementioned Cannon DCOE intake with (obviously) dual DCOEs...

• Like 1