Need advice on torsion bar adjustment

I have been at this adjusting before by loosening and tightening the bolts underneath the truck I know to loosen them lowers the truck and I got one side to loosen but I can't get the other there is two nuts on the end of the bolt do I have to hold both to loosen it or just one I'm way overthinking this and I came here to cool down thanks guys for advice

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol bonvo i was way overthinking it. but still after taking a break and going back out there last night i sprayed it down with wd40 i got the one side down to the bump stop the other is still stuck solid like will not budge at all i snapped my 17mm wrench... bought another from lowes this morning and proceeded to then grind the insides of my ratchet.... idk what i am doing wrong trucks up in the air on jacks now i just drove it to town earlier and it was wandering quite a bit i cant afford an alignment now... i need to match the two but im stuck... i had a buddy come take a look and no budge... thanks...

Any change in ride height will affect the toe in but is easy to adjust yourself once you get where you want it. I wouldn't advise running on the bump stops as you now have almost zero suspension travel to absorb the road bumps. I would advise raising slightly and trimming the rubber. I would further strongly advise against trimming the rubber and continuing to lower it. Too low and you are simply running on the air in the tires and tha ride is like sitting on a rubber beach ball. There has to be some suspension travel in order for the shock absorbers to function. Young guys have never had their own vehicle that has a good ride and think it's great because it looks great.

there is almost a quarter inch now before running on bump stops and the other side is still stuck hard as a rock... i dont understand what im doing wrong... wd40 then penetrating oil and still no budge...

is there any way i could relieve the pressure on the bolt? or am i going to have to take it to a shop?