1969 Nissan Patrol Build

This has been an ongoing project for a few years now thought I'd add it over here as well.

I purchased this 69 Patsy back in 2010 to take to Hawaii. Things changed and I decided not to bring to the islands and to just store it at home in Texas until we moved home. There it sat for 2 years regulated to driving when we were home for visits. I will post some pictures of the rig when I purchased it and as it transitioned thought a few modifications to today.

A few photos I was emailed by the previous owner to woo me into buying the old broad. Let's say I was swooning in no time.

Patrol-1.jpg

Patrol-4.jpg

Patrol-3.jpg

Patrol-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to go with a sort of safari look so I had a roof rack, brush guard and bumpers custom fabricated and then Line-Xed them along with the interior. I also had the seats recovers in a water proof canvas.

IMG_1383.jpg

Final-3.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

• Like 2

Mechanical fuel pump bit the dust on me a few weeks ago. At first it looked like I would have to swap to an electric pump but after a little digging I found that Nissan used this engine in fork lifts and that the pumps were available from a forklift supply website.....crossed fingers it would fit and upon arrival it was IDENTICAL and worked perfectly.

DFDF1513-F2DB-4FD6-912C-412676819C28.jpg

E8C04940-CD2C-4688-A382-9F6BAD2BBDE5.jpg

A few modernizations that are a necessity on these old "P" series engines are a weber carb and electronic ignition to do away with the impossible to find points.

a0dd2dfc.jpg

You got a great looking Patrol. How much of a difference did the weber carb make for runablity? It looks like you have the waterproof dizzie? If so not sure how hard those points are to find, but my non waterproof dizzie points are common with other Datsuns. RATSUN is a great site with lots of sarcasm, and I like that. You should check out http://www.60patrol.com/forum/ if you haven't yet. I have the same user name there, sign up if you haven't.

Those pics look like Dam B, but there's a swimming area in the background.  Who in their right mind would swim in Dam B?

For you out of town guys,  Lake Steinhagen (AKA "Dam B") is famous for being full of large alligators.  

I do love that Patrol.  Like I told you the other day, I've been stalking that damned thing for a couple of years now trying to find out who owned it.  You're gonna have to bring it to my place some time and we can take it down some of the back roads around here.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to go with a sort of safari look so I had a roof rack, brush guard and bumpers custom fabricated and then Line-Xed them along with the interior. I also had the seats recovers in a water proof canvas.

IMG_1383.jpg

Your patrol is really fucking cool. I saw this picture on google image search and it was an inspiration for me to purchase my patrol. 

Thanks for all the love guys.  I have quite a bit planned for the old girl over the next year or so so stay tuned as it continues to take shape.  Paint is prob 6 months or away so in the mean time I decided to try some Plasti-Dip in the interim to get a better feel for if I liked the TAN/BLACK theme I've been thinking about.  Here are a few teaser photos.  Should finish it on Friday.

A3D32391-4C50-477C-98D2-262E7E293D57.jpg

D1AB9AE1-E880-4E5A-8F9A-4D3FB768D42D.jpg

9ABD6AD9-0676-4DCB-B42B-B83DB95D63FE.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...