Consumable part numbers, ign,filters,u joints,steering components...ect.

Hotpad

Looking for parts suppliers,aka NAPA...for filter numbers,points,condenser,cap,rotor,hoses,belts...you get the idea. I am hoping to locate some frequently used part numbers with the supplier for future reference.would be great to have a list of part numbers to order consumable parts from. The upper radiator hose that's on my 320 has a molded hose outlet for the heater core inlet, what are the chances those are still manufactured? And what are my options for a good replacement hose that has the heater core inlet, has anybody taken the thermostat housing and fabricated a hose connection into it? Have NAPA getting the ignition parts, will get the part numbers on here when I confirm they are correct. I'm sure they are on here somewhere...lol. But having a hard time finding them, I think wayno said they were in " forum search" I can't seem to find a spot to do a search from, new here, sorry!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may find the heater hose can come off the water pump.

I suggested to do a forum search which I have just done.

I found this to start with.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/48142-heater-hoses/?hl=heater

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55221-320-oil-filter/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56625-320-points/

Replace your old belts/hoses by taking them to your auto parts store.

Or if you plan to replace your water pump, the replacement part (GATES Part # 42324) has two outlets, one is threaded and can except a hose barb for a 1/2" hose from the heater core and the other is larger and connects to the lower radiator hose. 

2013_01_12_waterpump%20%283%29.JPG

The moulded hoses are available from NAPA. Might take them a day or two to get them. I'll get the numbers and post in an hour or two when I get home.

I changed to the alloy water pump from the J13 engine in the 520 pickup thats shown a post or two up from this entry and got rid of the tapped lower hose. All's well in the cooling department now.

Steve

MouldedHosesfor320_zps4f9b31f8.jpg

Here's a scan of the invoice & ID tapes that I peeled off the hoses. Bought in last two months so you should have no problemo getting them. As I said in earlier post, I changed to the later pump. She's good to go now

I was looking at and in love with your NL till mine came along and within 120 miles from home. Brought him home day after Christmas. Just in time for Spring Fever.

Steve

NAPA might have the pump. You can probably for sure get it from RockAuto, Amazon, or Ebay. You wont find much at NAPA if you go in and start asking for stuff for a 320 pickup or an E1 engine. A lot of stuff, internal and external, for the J13/520 pickup will work on the E1/320. I'm a beginner and still learning at this. Contact me PM and we can exchange some info. I was just out in the shop and popped the hood and took a shot of the fornt of the engine. Here is a Oic of the front end of the engine as of today:

E1FrontEnd_zps867aa6db.jpg

By about Fall he's gonna look one hell of a lot better under there.

Where do you guys get headlights from?  Will any 7" sealed beam work, like on my Miata and BMW 2002, or is it something special?

I've had no problems with my headlights in my almost 3 years of driving, but not sure what I'd do if one goes out.  I also wouldn't mind upgrading to Hella H4 bulbs that fit in 7" housings like I have in my other cars that came factory with 7" sealed beams.

I used these instead of stock on my 1966 520. Not sure if they are legal where you are. These are DOT approved and only draw 10 amps each on brights turning on and 5 amps each continuous.  No, stock wiring changes needed, but I would go ahead and wire in relays for at least the high beam circuit and another for the low beam circuit.  These are glass faced and closely match the curvature of the stock sealed beams.  I would order an extra set of replacement bulbs other than the Hella's as the Hella's seam to not last long.  Also your stock headlight plugs, plugs into these bulbs.  I am using my stock wiring and plugs, but I have not actually run these lights using the stock Datsun plugs.  I might set up a test with these lights and let them run say 8 hours on high beam and see if it melts the stock plug.  I will edit this post after I run this test.

http://classicgarage.com/hel7rounh4he.html

DSC01239.jpg

My 520 light buckets with the Hella's installed

DSC01237.jpg

Sweet, thanks, I was wondering how the curvature compared.  I'd be tempted to put H4 55/100s like I have in my other cars, but don't really want to splice in relays on the 320.  

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming for parts numbers. 

I haven't written down part numbers for most consumable type stuff I get, but usually look up brake parts for 520/521 at Autozone, or sometimes 620s. 

Autozone's 3539 brake drum should work for both front and rear

Autozone's 33730 is the front wheel cylinder, and 3374 is the rear wheel cylinder (one piston for the fronts, two opposing on the rear, why is that?)

U-joint p/n "precision 351" from sprite,midget...trans shifting shaft seals, timken p/n 471466...dist. Cap napa/echlin P/N EP306( for stock points set up) rear trans seal national seal P/N 710324. Found these part numbers form another source...will continue compiling a parts number list so the next guy can resource parts and not have the same problems I'm running into.