new kingpins less than 5k wiggle

haze

72 521 had them done at a machine shop in texas. i am thinking i might just need to redo the shims any advice on this? also i am in the process of moving into a new house for the third time in three years and my parts inventory is highly disorganized and i cant find any of my old shims nissan has them but they want ten bucks to ship a fifty cent part. does anybody have some extras they could throw in an envelope for the same price as the freakin part or dimensions so i could get some made local or find something comparable at my local parts stores?

also as a side not i have been trying to get my truck registered with the dmv in california and i cant do it as of yet because i need a second vin that i can not find i know about the one on the drivers side door but i cant find the other one and have been told by the dmv that i have to drive 60 plus miles on funky kingpins to the nearest CHP office so that they can find it

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think local nissan is about 60 to 80 miles away but thats a good call none the less. just had the truck aligned yesterday with new tires and new center link and it was the mechanic that called out the kingpins while the truck was on the lift and they do wiggle.  even after the center link, tires, and alignment she drives sloppy with three to four inches of play in the steering wheel and she tugs very hard to the right when i hit the brakes. i also had the shop adjust the brakes while she was up.

close view of the frame serial number, on a bare frame.

SN521Close.jpg

Farther out for reference.

SN521Far.jpg

This is what it looks like, with cab, engine, and stuff in the way.  This is a different truck, but the VIN number is circled.

SN521Wcab.jpg

In this picture, there is an aluminium plate, behind the hood strut.  The Vin number is on that, and the engine number.  This plate is held on with screws, and is easily removable.

EngineOct2013_zps6564fc63.jpg[/url]