should it be replaced or should I wait

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove my Mom's 73 620 with a failed booster for 4 years before I ever drove another 620...  damn near killed myself first time I hit the brakes on my '79 and slammed to a stop. Thought it was the better disc brakes. Got my 74 and realized what they were supposed to feel like.  Datsun boosters aren't that strong, really.  Maybe 50% more effort?

Not like my dad's old '77 Malibu- engine died when rolling, and you prayed you weren't aimed at anything, because you were neither stopping nor steering very well.  I'd say that was 4x the effort.  Like both feet on the pedal and stand on it hard.

• Like 1

I motor swapped my 620 but left a few items disconnected... like the brake booster hose. When I got in running in the spring I drove it out the driveway to the street. In a panic it took both feet on the brake to stop it, damn it was scary! Spiders or insects had nested in the one way valve an jammed it closed. I put another on and it was normal again. It has the Toyota 4 pot 4x4 calipers on the front.

• Like 1

I motor swapped my 620 but left a few items disconnected... like the brake booster hose. When I got in running in the spring I drove it out the driveway to the street. In a panic it took both feet on the brake to stop it, damn it was scary! Spiders or insects had nested in the one way valve an jammed it closed. I put another on and it was normal again. It has the Toyota 4 pot 4x4 calipers on the front.

mike did you make your mounts for the Toyota 4 pots or did you buy them from someone