Which clutch kits come with mounted throwout bearing?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the collars are designed for the clutch you use.

So if you find a kit with a throw out collar and a bearing mounted already it will be the right one.  It's when you start mix matching stuff it doesn't. IE, swap trans between two cars and not keep the throw out of the car the trans is going on. that's a no no unless its same size and then the only way to tell is measure them.  i alwaya opt  to get one with the collar/bearing in the kit, really its only a little more money and no dicking around that way. 

I don't see any listed at rockatuo. I always get mine from the local napa tho.  ends up being the same with shipping usually from rockauto

Thanks... I will go ahead and probably just grab the napa one, I have seen all the posts on here about collar lengths which is why im sticking with the stock one. I do remember years ago I used a throwout bearing/collar from a Z (don't remember which one) and it gave an awesome short travel setup probably due to a larger diameter bearing.. that thing was nearly on/off.