J13 Engine after market parts and all other 520 521 cross over parts with MG also

Charlie69

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower Fulcrum Pin Seals 320, 520, 521

This is information is from oldskoolvws in Mike Klotz's King pin Rebuild thread.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41333-kingpin-rebuild-mklotz70/page-6?do=findComment&comment=926455

Oldskoolvws Replacement

http://britishpartsdirect.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=aaa1323&product_id=811

AAA1323-228x228.jpg

Mike Klotz's homemade Lower Fulcrum Pin Seals 320, 520, 521

IMG_2673.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have original J13 eng/trans to either sell whole or in parts. the engine block is shot, due to throwing a rod. pics to follow. the tranny runs great, everything but the block is in good and running condition.

I will post this in the classified as well.

Cheers P3

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are my Weber suppliers for decades Peirce Manifolds.  Watch their videos and subscribe to their YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/piercemanifolds

Call Pierce manifolds great people to deal with.  Mike Pierce explains the Weber and gives some good info in the following Videos.  They know Datsuns/Nissans.  By the way these are old videos and prices have gone up over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since this thread has spanned slightly beyond 1300-specific...

I bought a replacement rearview mirror from ebay seller blackkochh, who is located in Thailand.  I received it the other day, and the plastic part, while a tad cheapish, is fine, and if you pry out the ball mount it comes with, will slip onto the stock 520 ball mount with ease.  However, the glass is horrible... it is the most un-optic mirror you could possibly imagine.  I feel like I'm looking through prescription glasses... that belong to someone else.  I may try to extract the mirror and put the old mirror in its place (the old mirror was optically great, but a little spotty from being nearly 50 years old... it was the crumbling plastic that prompted the replacement).  Or, I may just put the old one back on, because the new one is terrible.  If the listing is accurate, there are 96 other people going cross-eyed as I type this post.

/2 cents

25787992724_d18a30de66_b.jpg

• Like 1

I get the mirrors out of old Mazda and Courier trucks.  I take the mirror of the mount and put it on the 520 521 mount.

Will look for one of these when I'm able to scout out the wrecking yards in my new area.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Getting hard to find they are 70 & 80 model trucks.  There is a little Phillips screw and nut that you need to loosen to get the mirror of the ball. I usually take the screw out completely until I have the mirror on the 520/521 ball.  I then adjust the tightness of the screw so the mirror is snug but not to tight.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone have a parts number or know where to source a J13 or J15 distributor hold down clamp? I purchased a Cardone Reman Distributor, number 31-600, but it didn't include a clamp. My J15 is running a Hitachi dizzy from a 320 and I want replace it with a distributor I can easily find replacement parts for. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Probably, but we didn't get J15s north of Mexico. (maybe a fork lift engine?)

Nothing wrong with electric as long as fuel pressure is not much over 3 PSI. If it works, leave it, if it floods, maybe a cheap fuel pressure regulator.

• Like 2

Probably, but we didn't get J15s north of Mexico. (maybe a fork lift engine?)

Nothing wrong with electric as long as fuel pressure is not much over 3 PSI. If it works, leave it, if it floods, maybe a cheap fuel pressure regulator.

Just seeing a lot of cheaper J15 replacements on eBay and not a lot of J13 options that don't break the bank comparatively.

I'll keep that in mind, it does work. At around 1 PSI. Its just loud as hell and kinda patched in there a little wonky. Might have to redo wiring so it'd be nice to delete it and go the mechanical fuel pump route.

• Like 1

There are a lot of quiet electric fuel pumps out there that don't have a shitload of pressure, most work best back at the tank, they push fuel better than they pull fuel.

I am using one right now that I bought back in the 90s, but it has starting to quit working for no reason every once in a while in the worst places, but I jump out with my screw driver and get on my back, crawl under the truck, tap on it and it starts working again, so they do not last forever.

• Like 1

I stumbled onto a thread (here, I think... search isn't cooperating with me at the moment) some time back that had side-by-side pics of the several different fuel pumps of the era. They all seemed functionally equivalent, except for the different pump arms. IIRC, the poster was swapping arms from a bad pump to a new one (probably from one of the several ebay sellers).

• Like 1