240z running lamp issue

iwayman

What are some common issues with the 240z running lamp wiring system?

I have a 70 240z and my running lamps have stopped working.  The headlamps, blinkers, and brake lights all function, I have also removed and cleaned the steering column switch and reinstalled it.  I am not the best working on wiring so I'm having some trouble figuring this out.

Is there a common ground for the system to check that can easily be found to resolve the issue?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Easy fix to a common problem.

I'd suggest looking into the harnesses from MSA, for your parking light and headlight circuits. One of the first upgrades I did to my Z, and have had trouble free service since. I also used their ATO fuse block. Great products!

• Like 1

OruuFDy.jpg

You can see that one fuse clip was corroded. This adds resistance and it will get HOT. The heat softens the copper, in effect annealing it. (the blue tinged one) This is a vicious circle as the clip won't hold the fuse as tightly and it won't make good contact. In the other picture you can see the heat was starting to burn the plastic. Keep an eye on this fuse.