280zx front conversion anyone near the 714 that can do this on my car?

Datzun510

I have a 69 datsun 510 2door and just picked up the front struts from a 1983 280zx and wondering if anyone near me that can do this conversion on my car? i cant really drive the car too far.... so let me know if anyone near me can help me out with this one.. thanks in advance....  

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have not done it, I have heard the 280zx are a pretty simple swap. If the struts are complete, it's a pretty simple process.

I've just taken my struts out of my 69 2 door, in the process of rebuilding them. You may have issue with you lower ball joint pins/shaft. May have to swap out the ones from the 510.

Take some pictures. I'm sure all the folks at ratsun can guide you through the process.

I have a 69 datsun 510 2door and just picked up the front struts from a 1983 280zx and wondering if anyone near me that can do this conversion on my car? i cant really drive the car too far.... so let me know if anyone near me can help me out with this one.. thanks in advance....

Have you tried searching how to do it on here? If not I'm sure if you try you'll find a writeup on the process.

Thanks for the replys.. and yes i have done alot of reseach.. but dont have any tools and dont want to mess up my original struts in the process.... since it involves cutting and sometimes welding (if you dont go with the split-colar)

Just found a guy that will do it for me.. thanks again for all your help guys :)

I sent mine to Byron Meston (Byrons510, actively on the Realm).  He cuts them and re-threads them for whatever gland nut thread you want for $150 plus shipping back and forth.  No welding!  I just sent him my strut housings, MR2 inserts with the MR2 gland nut, and they came back perfect!

• Like 1