The "Never Say Never Again" 510 wagon...

Thanks! I had that photo forever ago and couldn't find it again.     :thumbup:

Also, somewhere in the "How to hot rod and race your Datsun 510" book there's a photo of two 510s with wide 13" steelies and baby moons on them. 

I have also flirted with using d-slots a few times, because I dig the way the Japanese guys rock them. May be time to find some of those...

63-217_NissanBluebird-Datsun510.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I had that photo forever ago and couldn't find it again.     :thumbup:

Also, somewhere in the "How to hot rod and race your Datsun 510" book there's a photo of two 510s with wide 13" steelies and baby moons on them. 

I have also flirted with using d-slots a few times, because I dig the way the Japanese guys rock them. May be time to find some of those...

63-217_NissanBluebird-Datsun510.jpg

D slots are being made again.

Check out American Racing Wheels Ansen Sprint

http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Ansen_Sprint_Slot_Mag.htm

• Like 1

I've done that a lot by playing with different offsets, but there are some widths that just will not work...   <_<

That's why the other wagon is getting IRS. To fit wider wheels.    :rofl:

I just knew that one of them would get IRS! :thumbup: Perhaps a donation from the rusty, calico 4 dr sedan?

Coming around to the dork side?  AKA "Big and Balloony," like I like 'em!

Time to start hitting the swap meets looking for slots...   B)

Got the front bumper off, as well as the turn signals. And also having some fun with the lighting...   ^_^

20140906_125639.jpg

Bumper was basically toast, but the lower valence ended up being in a lot better shape that I thought. Even though the right side of the bumper was caved in, the resulting dent in the valence is very shallow. Aside from some minor surface rust, it's very solid. 

Not sure on the fenders yet. Some replacements would be nice...   

• Like 1

Gave the fusebox a much needed bath to get rid of some corrosion, and scrubbed up the cover as best I could...

20140913_105745.jpg

Had some problems getting enough voltage to the wire that goes to the starter solenoid, so rather than trying to trace down the fault right now I just installed a push button on the opposite side from the cigar lighter. Worked a treat and now she fires right up...

20140913_120024.jpg

Got my hands on another Jaguar S-Type shift knob, so took off the worn stocker and put the Jag knob on...   :thumbup:

20140913_120055.jpg

• Like 1

Got a set of 14x6 +6 Shelby slots today!  :thumbup:

20140920_131801.jpg

Previous owner thought they'd look better with black centers (not feelin' it). Need to strip and polish them asap. Also got lucky as this set had all 4 caps!!!!   :w00t:

Now the endless search begins for some white letter tires...    :rofl:

• Like 2