Bought a 720 a couple of months ago

.gauge.

Guy had gave it to his nephew who must have hit some trees. The ad said it needed a new radiator. Got it for $900 replaced alot of other motor parts. Still have problems with the transfer case not holding oil and whining pretty bad. Someone stripped the fill plug and I had to drill a holl in it and seal it when it left me stranded at a job site.

The hood was silver... I had to cut it to make room for a filter.... hence the hood scoop in later pictures. This also shows how bent the bumber was before It got beat semi-back into shape and painted.
2mUaC8b.jpg

Pretty much the earliest picture I have of it other than the above one. It's had the hood and bumper painted and hood scoop put on. The wheels were pretty nasty and the rust on the bed was pretty bad. I cut out as much of it as I could and bondoed the holes.
nchN9zU.jpg

Painted the Wheels

dlDjTjN.jpg

Fog lights and tool box

XqJRbtn.jpg

New turn lamp and rolled on bediliner on the truck.

tJDWF3E.jpg

More of the bedliner on the bottom half.

VulFTq3.jpg

....and a quick pic of my G20t.

GWL4ZJd.jpg

I have new corner lights ordered and coming in soon. One day I'll get a lift from 4x4 parts and bigger tires along with a new transfer case.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three in/out put seals on the trans case. The top input from the transmission is the furthest from the oil and dries out the easiest if it sits. But if it's whining it's been either abused or run dry too much.

hye T-100 trans case is the same for all years but around '82? the drive shafts were increased in size and the trans case flanges were a larger bolt pattern. Just swap your's onto an earlier one if that's all you find. Be sure to instal new oil seals when you do or on any you find. .