71 Goon comes to NYC

EVILC

So I some how ended up with a dime wagon and wasn't planning for one yet. I was able to track down a 71 Fairlady s30 that needed full resto. She had been in a front end hit and parked for many years. After posting a few pictures of the car, another Z guy local to me (4 hours) told me he wanted the car. At the moment the car wasn't for sale but he did have a 71 goon he had picked up the year before. Car is running and had a ton of making her road worthy work done already. She is a 4 speed, ac car. So after some thinking we decided that we would swap cars! So 2 nights ago made the run out to Pa to drop off the Fairlady and pick up the dime. Right now I am getting the headliner installed and the front and side glass. I will need to find a new windshield for the new window gasket. Honestly the plan for now is just get her together on the interior, install some 280zx turbo wheels and get the ac working so I can just drive as is. I will slowly replace rubber, lights and whatever is needed as time goes on. She was an AZ most of her life, PO bought it from Ebay last yr and maybe someone knows more history on it. 

Fairlady leaving NYC:

DSCN1854-XL.jpg

Goon heading to NYC:

DSCN1856-XL.jpg

Excited to finally have a goon though I did have a '69 five or so years I sold. Never got to drive that one but I know she is still running around today with the new owner. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few pics of the car from the PO and I think some are from the Ebay ad:

http://evilz.smugmug.com/Cars/1972-510-WAGON/37702801_kKvj9T#!i=3122583745&k=LRvDjZq

I will get more pics for you guys once she is back at the shop.

May hmmmmm maybe she can be on the road by then!

Tendril, thanks for the offer! I have them already with new gaskets and they are going to be installed later this week. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice wagon!  My uncle in NYC is also going to take delivery his wagon pretty soon.  Were doing some finishing touches on it down here in Miami but it should be there by the summer.

We need to get back a strong 510 community in the NY/NJ/CT area.  I went to Caffeine & Carburetors last weekend and was amazed at the amount of 2002's & GTA/V's there and not one 510 (or 311 or S30) was present.  We've got to change that!

I just purchased a rolling chassis 71 Datsun 510 wagon. It needs everything. The body is straight with little rust. I was going to start with the body, media blasting, etc, until I found out parts are very hard to sort. So, I bought an s13 silva motor and trans and am going to start on the mechanicals. Need suspension, brakes, custom drive shaft, cooling system etc. I am overwhelmed. this is my first project. I have so many questions. Will post pictures soon

Fl is East Coast so yeah parts will be thing there. Try to find one or more parts cars cheap and mix 'n match to make one good one. This is the right place for info. When you find out what you need place an ad in our classifieds. http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

(this is the discussion forum for the PL510)

I just purchased a rolling chassis 71 Datsun 510 wagon. It needs everything. The body is straight with little rust. I was going to start with the body, media blasting, etc, until I found out parts are very hard to sort. So, I bought an s13 silva motor and trans and am going to start on the mechanicals. Need suspension, brakes, custom drive shaft, cooling system etc. I am overwhelmed. this is my first project. I have so many questions. Will post pictures soon

Welcome. There are still parts out there. I have quite a few parts here in Maryland, up the coast from you. Engine swaps can be overwhelming so take it slow, do lots of reading and research. Let me know what you are looking for. I may be able to help.

I suggest you start your own project thread. Clive Is a good guy but may want to keep this thread for his wagon only.

Also, check out www.eastcoastdatsun510.com

We have an annual east coast 510 meet - SPEC510 it is going to be May 16-18th at Summit Point Raceway in Charles Town, WV

This is our 18th year.

• 5 months later...

Wagon is sold and now is in chi-town. I believe the new owner is a member here too.

It was fun to own and drive around for a while, I know I need a 2 door with a swap. Stock doesn't cut it for me!

Till the next one......................