Starting body work 521

EL521

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally sanded all the diffrent color of primer it had and took it down to almsot factory. Primed the whole thing bloked and found all the highs and lows. Keep in mind its my first project and its a first time I do this stuff. Once i paint it the windows are comming out.

• Like 1

You went this far so why not stop and take a breath before you commit to the next step?  Remmber, real professionals take the fenders, valences and other easily removable parts l[unless they are real refinishing pro's which you cannot afford] off before they even spray the primer coat.  The fenders and other parts are then remounted to the basic chassis.  Not cheap in any sense of the word, but it will last well beyond any quickie repaint shop color coat!  Mako is NOT your best choice if you don't want to sell it while the paint is still wet.

• Like 1

Yeah i just removed the windows today. And i just want to get it going for summer to drive around. Haha im not dealing with macco theres a place called auto industrial i deal with my material with them. Its my first time doing something like this so there will be errors but i will learn from them.

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

20140731_201811_zpsthxg0jcx.jpg

20140801_160148_zps7xwcjsct.jpg

So I stoped doing the body work on the 521 due to that I didn't have access to the shop with the tools so I decided to do some other things on the 521. Remove the bed and degrease it and paint it with por 15. I'm doing the whole frame and under the cab I was surprised the truck had no major rust just some surface rust.

• Like 3

Looks good! I used Chassis Saver and my concrete still has spots on it after a power wash. Sure makes the frame look professional and you will get thumbs up when people look under the truck.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

20140731_201811_zpsthxg0jcx.jpg

20140801_160148_zps7xwcjsct.jpg

So I stoped doing the body work on the 521 due to that I didn't have access to the shop with the tools so I decided to do some other things on the 521. Remove the bed and degrease it and paint it with por 15. I'm doing the whole frame and under the cab I was surprised the truck had no major rust just some surface rust.

Did you brush it on or spray it?

• Like 1