MIKUNI 40PHH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

ggzila

Im just grinding the original exhaust mainfold to fit  the new intake.

But the new intake mainfold dont fit with motorhead, the studs of motorhead dont match with holes of intake mainfold 

To fit i need them i need  to do  one hole on the intake mainfold to fit the motorhead and make a hole on the gasket or buy a new one.

Is this one choice. Is the correct one? I dont like open more holes ont the motorhead....

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/luiscolchetelui/media/DSC_0945_zps93d0d2ad.jpg.html

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/luiscolchetelui/media/DSC_0947_zps89390552.jpg.html

Many thanks,

Luis

Your cylinder head is for an A12 engine

Your twin carb intake manifold is for an A14/A15 round port engine (or for a 1990-1994 A12).

DSC_0945_zps93d0d2ad.jpg

* You can buy a twin carburetor manifold for an A12 engine.

Or

* fit an A14 cylinder head to the A12

Or

* drill a hole in the manifold to fit the A12 if there is room

A12 manifold

99003.110-2T.jpg

HI

Install a new intake

I ve doubt,

I have just talked about this.... but

i think the easy way,is open two simply holes on the new intake mainfold and buy a new gasket... and it will resolve my problem.

but my doubt is: one simple stud on original intake was enough to prevents leakages, and ok.

Now two carbs and new intake are heavier than original but nothing to much, i still thinking on stud is enough? If exists intake mainfolds with only hole i think there is no problem 

What do you think?

The other solution is remove the 2 studs on motorhead and open 4 new thread in it, but the motorhead looks like a cheess swiss  

I dont like this choice.

The first solution is enough?

Many thanks

Luis

Hi!

I ve consult the site Wolf Creek Racing and i see the the model

Mikuni/Solex 40pHH Type T i thinks is equal of mine, but the vendor on ebay inform me  the model is Type S5, i think he is wrong? According with them the throtlle Buterfly is stamped 165.

Please confirm me

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I need help.... from you

I can put A14 header on A12 enginee............ I will do these because i have one Harada intake Mainfold with four holes and my actual Head has only two holes and to solve the problem of header, i will buy a A14 head and respective exhaust mainfold to put on my A12 engine.

I think it fits perfect. What do you think? I need your tecnical information

The A14 cylinder has the thiner screw to lubrification?

Many thanks,

Luis

All A-series engines have one thinner head bolt which allow oil to flow through the bolt passage.

Yes, A12 exhaust manifold or header will bolt to A14 head. And vice-versa.

A14 head and some A12 heads use a 4-bolt intake manifold flange.

Some A12 (but not all) have a 2-bolt flange.

A12/A14 4-bolt intake manifolds.

19876.jpg

Hi!

Many thanks

I already bought from a Ratsun member a A14 Head and a header to mount my A12 Engine and fit the Harada Intake mainfold that i bought 

I read "the 1967-1973 heads provide oil to the rocker arm shifts in diffrnt locations than 1974 up so when fitting a newer head you may need to redrill the oil passage"

I need compare my actual A12 Head to my newer Head A14.

This is true?

This newer head will increase some horspepower with my twin Mikuni Solex 40 phh.  Maybe 15 or 20 Hp.

Many thanks for all your knowldeges and help

Luis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my 40mm Mikunis one of the carb has a port and has a hose to the vaccum adv. i DONT GET HOW IT WORKS AS IT HOOKS UP TO ONLY ONE POERT AND CYLINDER SO YOU CANT GET A SMOOTH VACUUM

My 44 mikunis on my other car does not have this port. But has a SSS distributor with a faster advance. But nothing is hooked up to it.

Hope this helps.

if it runs with out it dont worry about it