help out an aussie! May as well make this a build thread now, putting two 620's together

bsakid

been a while since ive posted an update, had to have a surgery on my right leg to remove some rods from my femur and tib from an old bike accident, anyway back on to progress! spent today making up some dolleys so I could get the cab off the front lawn and back on to the drive way

38e79c8c-d7ad-45be-a8d2-6b333cade4b6_zps

got to attacking some of the rust around the join in the tub, this seems like a problem area. every single 620 ive ever seen rusts here. also dust masks and beards arent pleasent!

16dafbd8-fa14-480c-ad53-dad8288a1c46_zps

quick pic of what im dealing with, love all the outwards dints from shit rolling around in the tub, lots of hammer and dolly time in my future.

e8248712-0867-4256-8d05-c8ca466fec1a_zps

gotta love how the front of the tub isnt even attached at all! you can also see in here how i've started figuring out how to drop the tub, looks like its going to be very easy to do

f90dc42c-ffb7-47be-a8c1-bddfd1548bbc_zps

the bloke I bought the first ute from had a go at fixing the rust in the tub, going to be fun fixing that mess.

0a997ced-05a3-498f-bf90-b9e11ef45254_zps

theres that much bog/rust/fibreglass dodginess going on I just got the paint stripper out and started stripping it back to bare metal, should have the outside of the tub stripped back tomorrow. i'll see how much more rust and scary stuff I find on the way, I havent touched the tailgate yet but it looks terminal

9cc3874d-be91-4e10-9e35-4bf4f5d0349f_zps

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work so far. :D

If you are having trouble sourcing an L series you might think about a newer motor from a 240sx, Hardbody or Frontier. Pretty easy swap that has been done plenty of times. :)