SoCal Fun Run - Get your Datsun Ready! Sunday, 10/26.

Well said my friend!! We can have both at different days!! Like I said let's make it happen soon!! No matter what!! Am so jealous that nor Cal are doing these meets almost every month!!!!

That's exactly why I brought up the cruise. I'm jealous too! NorCal is always doing runs and a couple other places as well. We can't let them have all the fun! I think we should get this together and try and plan on once a month if possible.

So I was thinking that we could all meet up at the Santa Monica pier in the morning if people are coming from the IE and OC. It's a pretty good point for everyone to meet up and get going before traffic gets stupid cause if we wait til the afternoon the only real cruise we'll have is out of the driveway. The rest of the time will be sitting in traffic. Freaking LA. So if we met up there around 8:30 or 9 or something and hung out for a half hour for others to show then we can split and head up to Neptune's Net maybe since they open at 10:30 I believe. I know their lot ain't that big but I think the few of us that are planning to go can fit. If we're lucky we'll get there before all the bikers do. I ain't scared of no biker :) There's also Moonshadows which I think opens at 11 but their lot is even smaller. There's also a shopping center off PCH at Cross Creek Rd that has a few restaurants in it. I've never been in there myself. Only driven past it. That's my idea. If anyone else has anything to input let's hear it and get this thing planned and set.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neptunes gets really crowded after 11 specially on sundays. Though other choice places are available parking can be found either accross the street which has beach parking or along pch. Imo depending on group size should alter location for our stop/s. Have we a date picked out yet?

Food is a good idea, maybe start and/or finish at food?

Maybe Sam's seafood to Neptunes Net? That should guarantee someone gets food poisoning! Or at least mercury poisoning.

Or maybe a Sunday BigBoy run at an odd hour?

Alright! Food poisoning! :blink: For all that maybe we should pack a sammich and stop at Zuma Beach :rofl:

How about Saturday March 29 or Sunday March 30? So far people responding in here are in LA or OC so I still think we should meet at SM pier and cruise up PCH. Where we stop we should agree on, hopefully. Neptune's is a common place thrown out. We could always plan the time accordingly to get there when they open. Does this work?

Well Neptune's is getting a lot of momentum, so maybe this is a suggestion for a future ride.  But we could meet somewhere more central/inland, drive up and through the malibu canyon (curves on curves on curves  :thumbup:  )  then head south down PCH and eat somewhere in the southern beaches where the crowds don't get like Neptunes on a sunday... just saying, that place gets tour buses.   Hot's Kitchen is a great spot in Hermosa... and goooood beer.  http://www.hotskitchen.com

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was thinking that if the place is hot then it would be a busy place for our first time run!!! we need something more chill like a BBQ ah lol jk a place that we can have a good time and prefer for all the cars to stay together. :thumbup:   

Well I was thinking of having the run before month's end so PL5DIME could join in before the weekend work starts in April. I think SM up PCH to Neptune's is the way to go for this first one. We can plan better for another run next month (or sooner even) and do what LA510 suggests. I just want to get one going cause we all love driving our Datsuns and it'd be fun to drive them together. Seeing the caravan coming off the freeway for the Eagle Rock swapmeet was fun to watch and really wanted me to get this started. GRpufnstuf we'll tow you along :) So are we all down for this on Saturday March 29 or do you prefer Sunday March 30? Let's get out there already!

Well I was thinking of having the run before month's end so PL5DIME could join in before the weekend work starts in April. I think SM up PCH to Neptune's is the way to go for this first one. We can plan better for another run next month (or sooner even) and do what LA510 suggests. I just want to get one going cause we all love driving our Datsuns and it'd be fun to drive them together. Seeing the caravan coming off the freeway for the Eagle Rock swapmeet was fun to watch and really wanted me to get this started. GRpufnstuf we'll tow you along :) So are we all down for this on Saturday March 29 or do you prefer Sunday March 30? Let's get out there already!

I got a few people who want to go but would prefer a Sunday, don't matter to me really.
  • Like 1

Ok so let's do Sunday March 30. We'll meet up at Santa Monica pier at 8:30, hang til 9 for people to show and then head up the coast. I think that should get us to Neptune's by the time they open if not shortly before. Then we'll be able to commandeer the parking lot, hopefully  :ninja:  Perhaps while we're at Neptune's we can discuss the next run with LA510's idea. Curves upon curves upon curves sounds good to me :thumbup:

Ya'll diggin this plan?

• Like 1

Sounds good, Iv'e been asked if non datsuns are allowed on the run with us  :rofl: some folks would like to have friends attend but don't have datsuns

Ok so let's do Sunday March 30. We'll meet up at Santa Monica pier at 8:30, hang til 9 for people to show and then head up the coast. I think that should get us to Neptune's by the time they open if not shortly before. Then we'll be able to commandeer the parking lot, hopefully  :ninja:  Perhaps while we're at Neptune's we can discuss the next run with LA510's idea. Curves upon curves upon curves sounds good to me :thumbup:

Ya'll diggin this plan?

we allow all cars makes and models on our runs but prefer datsuns when possible

this is the largest one I have been on something like 44 cars 

there was a non datsun truck 

a cobra 

a motorcycle                                                                        

a toyota truck                                                     http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46817-datsun-bay-area-fun-run-july-14th/

and all the rest were datsuns 

P6100019_zps00d821f3.jpg

Sounds good, Iv'e been asked if non datsuns are allowed on the run with us  :rofl: some folks would like to have friends attend but don't have datsuns

Non Datsuns! Sacrilege! I don't care quite honestly. Anyone else care?

What parking area are we meeting at the pier to clarify. So sunday March 30 8:30 on calendar. See you all there.

Lot 4 North located at 1060 Pacific Coast Highway. Supposed to be $5 in March on weekends. I believe you just pay at the machine to park but I think if we're all just sitting there with our cars we can probably not bother especially since we won't be there that long.

we allow all cars makes and models on our runs but prefer datsuns when possible

this is the largest one I have been on something like 44 cars 

there was a non datsun truck 

a cobra 

a motorcycle                                                                        

a toyota truck                                                     http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46817-datsun-bay-area-fun-run-july-14th/

and all the rest were datsuns 

P6100019_zps00d821f3.jpg

What Ranman said and btw Randy that's a great shot! I'd like to see that happen on our run :)

No is old school Japanese cars only the first Friday of the month is the lowriders that's why it's on the 2nd Friday I the pretty good meet from 8pm-11pm

O ok I didn't know that I may have to check it out

When is your car going to be ready?

I'm hoping it will be done tomorrow no later than friday