Koni 80 1915 Camaro rear shock fit 510 Wagon?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, saw your pm but forgot to respond... what are the extended/collapsed lengths? Other than the blocks, are you changing or de arching springs... if only block you will need a stock application shock length as the mounting points won't change, only the diffs position.

Also, the konis you posted will need modification. You'll need to press out the cross pin and drill or ream out the bushing to 5/8 id. Not incredibly difficult but note worthy none the less ;)

Sorry, saw your pm but forgot to respond... what are the extended/collapsed lengths? Other than the blocks, are you changing or de arching springs... if only block you will need a stock application shock length as the mounting points won't change, only the diffs position.

Also, the konis you posted will need modification. You'll need to press out the cross pin and drill or ream out the bushing to 5/8 id. Not incredibly difficult but note worthy none the less ;)

What about these ones. Says they are oem length

http://www.streetperformance.com/part/koni-shock-absorbers/shock-absorber/41304-80-1953.html

Again... those are not your application and are very short. Too short if your only lowering via blocks and not de arching the springs.

What we need to know is the factory length for wagons. I just so happen to know this and they're 21.5" extended and 12.75" collapsed center mounting point to center mounting point. 3/8" stud mount at the top and 5/8" eyelet bushing at the base. With this information you have two choices, find an application designed to fit a stock 510 wagon or find a chart that outlines the the lengths and mounting point configurations for an application that will work. I've done this myself but can't seem to find the charts I used. It's not tough to do with a little time and effort but will require detailed spec sheets or a call to the manufacturer. Good luck!

For a performance shock for stock wagons, KYB AGX seems to be the go to shock. For the Camaro. (the AE86 crowd uses this shock as well, but they all claim its not valved correctly for their cars, well der).

KYB AGX for 69 Camaro? You know the part #

Thanks in advanced