5 speed

2lo4jp

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the driveshaft modified to work with the shorter trans?

If you have a long tail trans in there, and want to put in a short tail trans, the shifter may not come out the stock hole either. 

FYI, the short tail 5spd is very much wanted by people with cars that came with a short tail trans (68-73 510 specifically). I'd sell it and get a long tail trans from a 280Z or 280ZX.   :thumbup:

Define shorter... like within 1/2"???

Define '78 Datsun... is it an S10 200sx 5 speed???

The 4 and 5 speeds in the '74 and up 620s are the same 31.5" length. If the 5 speed is shorter by around 5" then it must have been swapped from a car..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're new to Ratsun so welcome. This is actually someone else's post so any answers will be confusing as to who they are directed at. It's ok but next time feel free to start your own topic, don't be shy.

I think these F5C71B transmissions were sold through the NISMO racing arm of Nissan. Have no idea if still available and unlikely anyone here has one let alone for sale. Have you tried http://www.the510realm.com/index.php?sid=df2eabd9fec5f6040833b1e286996bca.? I'm sure members there can direct you.