What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

!!!!!CAUTION DO NOT WATCH!!!!!

I'm filing a civil personal injury suit against Body Rolls for making this terrorist weapon, and RaptorReed for having planted it here with such malicious intent. Having been exposed to this audio visual toxin I have sustained serious emotional and cognitive damage. I demand compensatory restitution and will use any mean at my disposal to recover in whole. I'm willing to negotiate an adequate settlement to help me recover my senses.

BTW I'm looking for representation

Fixed

• Like 1

was discussing music with a couple of my vato lot attendants, they get a kick out of all the Norwegian, German, etc.  language Black Metal music I listen to, like:

and bitching that they don;t have any Spanish metal... Que? cmon over here boys

Can't tell me Manosn's vocal style isn't a direct rip off of Skinny Suppy

Let me educate you , lets go back to the late 80's when Ministry brought Skinny Puppy over to open for them, Manson & the Spooky Kids were already doing their thing in Florida, at same time Trent Reznor was a roadie for Ministry, so if anyone took the sound it was Trent / Nin

In other words, I just told you  :rofl:

I love this video, with Marilyn doing background looking all normal and shit

Let me educate you , lets go back to the late 80's when Ministry brought Skinny Puppy over to open for them, Manson & the Spooky Kids were already doing their thing in Florida, at same time Trent Reznor was a roadie for Ministry, so if anyone took the sound it was Trent / Nin

In other words, I just told you  :rofl:

Please nismo, educate me.

Here's what I know. Brian Hugh Warner was born in 69, Skinny Puppy started in 81. Manson was like 12 years old back then. I and the rest of American punk scene were getting tapes of Skinny Puppy's stuff in 84, 85. One of their songs had a clip of Charles Manson singing the song Helter Skelter. Coincidence?

Truth is Spooky Kids didn't start doing there thing until 90, but back then Marilyn sounded like Peter Murphy / Bauhaus when singing soft, and Ministry when singing hard.

Reznor produced MM's first album, Portrait of an American family, in 1994 some 10 years after SP had been on the punk scene. That MM album sounds like NIN 2.0 BTW.

That vague connection between Ministry to Skinny Puppy to Trent as a roady, and then to Manson is an interesting line of thinking. Given the actual time line though, it helps explain how Manson obviously copied Skinny Puppy's vocal style. Thank you for educating me nismo.