What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yello is a band everyone's heard, but most know little to nothing about. After being turned on to electronic music through Kraftwerks, I heard Yello when  "You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess" came out in 82. Electronic music with personality and complex hard driving rhythm, as soon as we heard it my buddy Lindsay and I were hook. After almost 40 years of making music and much higher production quality, they still have an unmistakable sound in their brazilian rhythms and progressions. Love these guys.

Back then:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

Oh man, that is some good stuff! And this came roaring back into my head after listening to them.

AAHHHhhhhhh?

Flashbacks of Stratus NightClub and the smell of amyl nitrate.

Edited by paradime
On 1/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, paradime said:

AAHHHhhhhhh?

Flashbacks of Stratus NightClub and the smell of amyl nitrate.

Aaahhh! Good'ol Sprung Valley! That place was pretty crazy, but, since we could get to Tijuana, we only went a couple of times. The one thing we really did try to make every time was when 91X held Rock N Bowl Night. Those where pretty fun! 

• Like 2

TJ was a whole other level, although I went to Mex Fest a few times, I didn't do much dancing there. Revolucion was for partying your face off, and we took fun advantage of that. The Long bar... Like stepping back in time, and those bent mirrors as you entered. The bambie club, I think TJ is what gave seedy a bad name.

20 hours ago, paradime said:

TJ was a whole other level, although I went to Mex Fest a few times, I didn't do much dancing there. Revolucion was for partying your face off, and we took fun advantage of that. The Long bar... Like stepping back in time, and those bent mirrors as you entered. The bambie club, I think TJ is what gave seedy a bad name.

Oh yeah, TJ was the den of sin and truly deserves the name Sin City more than Vegas! They don't have a Donkey Show in Vegas, at least that I know of. 

The Long Bar, Rio Rita's, The House and so on. And Bambi and Unicorn Club is where any shred of innocence you had went to die! 

It was not until we got older, in our 20's, that we discovered some very high end clubs in the La Mesa area of TJ and by that time we had pretty much stopped going to TJ and started barnstorming around PB and Downtown San Diego. 

Good times! 

• Haha 1

Queen, A Night at the Opera;

The Prophet's song

I'm in Love With My Car

It's not like I'm gay(not that there is anything wrong with that), just damn...that guitar.

• Like 1