Datsun Parts LLC

M240Z

Looking to get Datsun Parts LLC adjustable front control arms for my Z. The LCAs also come with adjustable tension rods and they would cost me a little over $500 after shipping and tax. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Datsun Parts LLC, and if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative? This was the best bang for my buck that I can find. I really want to get my suspension dialed in and the LCAs are the last piece to the puzzle. Thanks everyone

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I looked into both, but I think Datsun Parts is cheapest. They also have 4 inches of adjustability. Im going to contact the other venders to see if they have as much.

Why in the hell would you ever need that much adjust-ability in a TC rod? Do you have any idea how much caster that would give you? 

And the cheapest parts is exactly what you will get......Good luck with that.

• Like 2

Why in the hell would you ever need that much adjust-ability in a TC rod? Do you have any idea how much caster that would give you? 

And the cheapest parts is exactly what you will get......Good luck with that.

Woah, 4 inches of adjustability in the LCA, not the tension rod. That would be crazy.haha Two inches in and out from stock, for more or less camber. Very similar to the Arizona Z car set up.

Futofabs only have about an inch of adjustability, but I like that design a lot. 

Woah, 4 inches of adjustability in the LCA, not the tension rod. That would be crazy.haha Two inches in and out from stock, for more or less camber. Very similar to the Arizona Z car set up.

Futofabs only have about an inch of adjustability, but I like that design a lot. 

My point remains the same. Both of those adjustments(LCA or TC) and moving the lower ball joint in relation to the upper pivot point to make the change(camber or caster). Four inches of adjustment on the LCA is even more excessive than on the TC rod. Do yourself a little bit of trigonometry(measure the length from the lower ball joint pivot to the bearing in your camber plate. I bet that four inches of adjustment on the LCA is worth about 20° of camber change. The reality is you are never going to want your camber to be greater than 0° and very few people would ever need more than -3° of camber. Therefore, one inch of adjustment is plenty. B)

• Like 2

From what I have seen of all the LCA/TC combos, FutoFab provided the best synergy. 

There was a thread of Dave explaining the benefits of his vs. other kits. 

I'll be damned if I can find it now. 

EDIT:

Not the thread I was looking for, but still awesome. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/20318-tc-rods-lca-from-futofab/

• Like 1

I haven't heard good things about Datsun Parts LLC, but I know for a fact in dealing with Dave Patten at FutoFab that his parts are quality, and the customer service and support you'll get from him are top notch. Don't cheap out on something like suspension..

That's the exact information I wanted to hear guys, thanks! I just thought I needed the max adjustment because my weld in caber plates aren't exactly identical, and I'm tired of driving the car with no alignment. :crying: I definitely did not intend on getting a crap product, I was just wondering what my alternatives were. I've been reading up on datsunparts today and people don't speak highly of it, so that is out of the question. So FutoFab ftw. I do intend on auto xing my Z so it's good to hear he runs his product!