Whats my drivetrain worth ???

jthiani

Hey folks ..... sooo i have a 76 280Z with a stock L28 and 4 speed tranny. I pulled out the motor as i am swapping it for an RB20 and i need to sell the whole drive train. I will not part it out and will only sell as a whole. So here's what i want to sell and i'm trying to figure out what to ask for it.

Complete L28 motor

4 speed trans

Complete engine harness with ECU

New the following are new parts are new as i had to get them all new to get the motor running in the first place. 

Fuel injectors

Fuel filter

3 wire pick up coil

distributor

spark plug wires

spark plugs

starter 

Here's a video of the engine starting and running

And here's another video of when i got her running right and driving

This motor and trans combo are basically ready to install into another 280z with little to no service ...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your location. If worth $30 but in Hawaii it's no good if you live in Main.

It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. If they have to trailer it five hundred miles plus getting there (gas, food hotel) the costs add up. Best bet is someone local who needs a motor. The 4 speed isn't really worth much, most want the overdrive. It only fits the Z car and 810/Maxima. Not like the L20B that will fit 8 different vehicles.

where is your build thread you have 2 posts and never introduced yourself 

they are only worth what someone is willing to pay 

a 4 speed you can hardly give away 

an L28 100 to 400 

now post some pics of your car and share your motor swap details 

Hey folks ..... sooo i have a 76 280Z with a stock L28 and 4 speed tranny. I pulled out the motor as i am swapping it for an RB20 and i need to sell the whole drive train. I will not part it out and will only sell as a whole. So here's what i want to sell and i'm trying to figure out what to ask for it.

Complete L28 motor
4 speed trans
Complete engine harness with ECU

New the following are new parts are new as i had to get them all new to get the motor running in the first place. 

Fuel injectors
Fuel filter
3 wire pick up coil
distributor
spark plug wires
spark plugs
starter 

Here's a video of the engine starting and running

And here's another video of when i got her running right and driving

This motor and trans combo are basically ready to install into another 280z with little to no service ...

Another I won' t say where i am,  shove your cash under my door step posting!  Let the buyer, or sucker, beware!