Bill's Datsun Shop in Clackamas, OR- Horror Stories?

L.KAT

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken almost every vehicle to Bill's Datsun Shoppe, for one reason or another.  Sensor behind my dash and a fuel sensor that was stumping me, (on a 99' V-10 dodge ram) and several nissan/Datsun  rigs. He charges a fair price for above average work.  My opinion- Might not be a good idea to except a lifetime warranty, gotten up there. But truly like one of his criticizer's said he has been in business for a long time.  37 years I think. And as far as changing the name goes, I would keep the old name too.   

Just get otu of here, and stop promoting trash. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Found this: http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/auto-repair-mobile/bills-datsun-shoppe-etc-in-clackamas-or-50003538/complaints#breakdown

Pretty much what happened to my daughters boyfriend who just bought a '76 280Z. Took it in because it was running rough. 600.00 later and repairs like changing the ignition switch and oil change "because it was contaminated" to get it to pass DEQ. Now the battery isn't getting charged after it's started. It managed to recharge itself after a couple of days of non use (as good battery’s tend to do) so that tells me it's not a drain when switched off. I'm guessing alternator/regulator. It shows 12v at the battery after a jump start. Tells me there's nothing from the alternator. Haven't checked the regulator. I plan to get this kid a FSM and some tools or he's going to be forever dishing out coin to the dislikes to people like Bills Datsun. Can someone tell me where to get a FSM besides from Jock ass? And any info on a reputable repair shop for old Datsuns? I plan to help this kid out as long as he's my daughter’s boyfriend. He lives with his mom and she seems to be more car savvy than him, divorced, doesn’t seem the father is too car savvy either. I'm an aircraft tech (over 30 years) and know my way around a tool or three. Any help would be appreciated. And HELLO! Thanks, Dave