Resurrection: '72 Datsun 521

Jcooper

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can possibly think of it having my old phone somehow acting as an album host. That thing died a horrible death. I thought most of my material was only linked by my photos I had on the computer. If that's the case...well.. crap.

Well, I spent some time reloading pictures..trying to keep with my old updates but sadly I have lost quite few photos. Anyways. one thing I failed to mention was I sold the 620 to focus on my 521 build. The 620 was neat in itself but I found a very large rusted out portion of the main frame rails. 4-6 inch rusted out sections. So, it went to another Datsun lover with more time on his hands than I wanted to devote to another project.

Newer photos as of Dec. 1st 2014.

I mentioned earlier that a fellow ratsun member provided me with some used tailgate latches. So, I took off the rusted make-shift brackets and slapped these on. I'll wait till later to paint them. As for now, they make me happy.

OLD:

10801506_10152428761342027_5440154660398

NEW-ish:

10805674_10152428761292027_7454900164981

I've got them slapped on, will need to metal work a few areas under the bracket where the bolt holes are just to line everything up nice. They latch great and I love how they function for being 'aged'.

1476395_10152428769957027_27293964927267

Here is the current look of my 521. I did end up getting chrome grille and headlight bezels also. So now I can switch between black or chrome to my liking.

10730810_10152428761222027_1761565256023

• Like 2

I am in need of a fender, bad. I have asked several people who said they have some fenders, only to end up with no reply. Its been bugging the hell out of me. I laugh because of the noise it generates through the wheel well. If anyone knows of a decent fender or set of fenders- let me know asap! as far as the lip, I'll leave it off for now, keep it for a day when I may need it, or maybe make a buck from it.

• 2 weeks later...

So...a week ago I lost the key to my truck. Found it last night. I've always knew that the ignition switch must have some bad key tumblers- as the key sits very loosely in it (but its the only key that will turn). Has anyone had electrical issues in their trucks from touchy ignition switches? As in..dash lights coming and going? I've gone over my wiring multiple times and still have this issue every now and then. Just trying to nail it down. Anyway,Sunday I will be playing for sure- try to get some newer pictures up. 

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is a sad forum to read through. I had regretfully sold this pickup 1 year ago. And by regret I mean...full hearted regret. Luckily, I am back in the Datsun community. Purchased a 74 Datsun 620 and I'm planning on complete restoration, from frame up. Stay tuned, this will be a Ratsurrection for sure.

• Like 1