available '73 240z,,,,,,,,,,Got a private message that stated just that.

darrel

furthest wheel for the 240 is the driver side rear. Some say it's the RR, but the lines on the 240 run along the passenger side of the tunnel.

I figured out why I was having trouble bleeding the LR. Since the rear brake system was dry after I took off the rear cylinders, there was too much air at the RR being compressed pushing back on the master. Once I bled the RR, everything went back to normal and I have all the air out of the system now.

If I didn't start with a dry system then it would have bled properly the first time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the gas tank painted and about ready to go back in. I just need to solder the copper U for the top vent. I picked up fuel hoses for the tank and engine bay. Next thing to do is rebuild the 4 screw su's and an earlier balance tube. I have and do something with all the extra water hoses and pipes in the engine bay.

I am deleting the expansion tank, following this thread on classiczcars.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/tech-pubs-howto/19034-treating-inside-outside-gas-tank-por15-products-removing-evaporation-tank.html

Soldered the copper ujoint, stuck on the rubber pads on top of the tank, swapped the longer studs on the intake so i can use the thicker spacers the round tops use. Other misc stuff, took pics but my card reader screwed up so I have to look for my other one.

• 3 weeks later...

broken #6 exhaust stud, broken bolt holding on balance tube. I will probably take off the exhaust manifold and attempt to take out the air tubes and put plugs in. I want to try and keep the n33 intake by extracting the broken bolt.

I started to clean one of the 4 screw round top carbs, just need to refresh my memory bu going through the just su vid.

Have some old cheap ratchet straps I am going to use for the gas tank strap insulators. I will spray them with undercoating to try and get the same feel the old cloth straps were made.

no pics, still looking for my card reader.