gutless wonder

blackwolf

fuel is fine blow at the dot even at WOT new fuel pump and fuel filter at the beginning of jan.  mileage has improved since i capped all vacuum line but the distributor, its close to normal not 100% with the 50mph head winds we get here this time of year but is getting better mileage but has no top end tops out at 70 with tail wind

as for TDC i checked it on the 2nd even set it to TDC by hand and both valves r 100% closed dowel is in #2 not sure if it was vertical have to check that while im off next week but the rotor was point at #1 and timing set at the same place as it was when it was running perfect 

has anyone ever hear of the secondary vacuum valve wearing out i didnt think about checkin it better just pumped it and it push air out but i pumped it kinda quick wasnt sure if pin holes could have formed it factory original as far as i know

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> mileage has improved since i capped all vacuum line but the distributor, its close to normal

Looks like you found the cause. Mileage won't be perfect with the vacuum advance plugged.

So which of the three vacuum lines is the problem? Maybe they were connected wrong.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

hey all the helpful ppl short update on my gutless wonder ive determined that the top plate of the carb is warped so ordered and weber kit gonna simplify all the vacuum lines and cali emission crap i dont need here but im also in need of the exhaust collector it seems to be cracked pretty bad any suggestions for new or custom jobs?