Opinions wanted on this Spoiler for 260Z build

boonedock saints

Here are some photos of a spoiler we can get for under 100.00, we are not as versed as some of you in this department. It seems to take the place of the bumper, lower valance , and lower fender pieces...the seller tells me its 11 inches tall. It looks OK...not as aggresive as say the rubber BRE in one....but for the price...?

What are your thoughts....this is going on the Boonedocks 260 build...if that helps..

12775476174_a9cd3462a0_z.jpg
spoiler 3 by zuess4u, on Flickr
12775476214_ce3ae4f5a5.jpg
spoiler2 by zuess4u, on Flickr
12775027085_d1b8498624.jpg
spoiler 4 by zuess4u, on Flickr
12775157523_5b22b9907e_z.jpg
spoiler by zuess4u, on Flickr

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

X2......i dont like the modern look of the first even though clean ... i mean it looks good just something seems wierd about it ...maybes its the skirts pictured ... i say bre but im partial to that look too ... so take that with a grain of salt...lol

Jrock,

yeah the first one is a bit modular..? A couple things, if we go with the BRE, we still need to get a bumper, and lower valance+ the BRE is 60.00 more and its in another city. However I do like it...no question its more raw and aggresive....and thats where this car is at.

Ive been looking at pics all over...and taking a second look at the first one....Im thinking if we add a simple splitter on the bottom, say with a 2-3 inch all the way around...that may set it off.... :huh: . Of course it would be with some affordable to cheap material.....worse case....if we bought the first one for 75.00 and it didnt work out...Im thinking we could recover from our R&D exspense...no?...lol

whoa whao whoa .... the bre is 60 more ... my bad i read as it was 60 bux... sorry ...yeah the lip u took pics f the one picctured on the car are two different ones although similar..... i dunno i like your splitter idea ........and yes buy the first ..try the lip .. experiment and see if u like it if not u can recoup and move forward

LOL...yeah the BRE is 160.00 plus whatever it takes to get from Tucson, + need valance and bumper....

The one in the picture is the same...however...the one we are looking at has the ends modified for wide fenders, which may work out for us with the bolt on flares we have...just not sure yet...but yes this is turning into a no brainer for 75.00 to 90.00 bucks...I think it may work out....looked for a picture online with our combo...didnt find anything, so at worse we would be different...lol

I hear you GGZILlA,

crazy thing is those can be had 190.00 new shipped, dude is asking 160.00 with a crack in it. So we are going to take the chance with a 75.00 investment and see if we can get it the other one to look a bit more aggresive by adding a splitter. May work may not, but we have a better chance of getting our money back on the cheaper less aggresive one.

Sad part is, we HAD one was cracked and broke, fixable..but at the time I had no idea what its value was...oh well. 

12775027085_d1b8498624.jpg

This looks more like today's accepted aerodynamic front end shapes. Somewhat like the blunt front end of a submarine which is actually the best shape for the least drag. Probably true for a car also, just look at the GT-R. However, style, calls for the front to be sharp pointed and aggressively forward leaning. This looks much better...

8859833-700-0-e1321980292845.jpg

If running a spoiler then something like this is ... less offensive to style.

1974_Datsun_260Z_Modified_Hot_Rod_V6_Tur

Well it took a while looking for our combo as to seeing an example...Flares + AutoSports airdam + Splitter....and we wouldnt have turn signals in the grill,

But here it is....ours would sit much lower of course but, to me it doesnt look too bad..and according to the pics on the google machine not a lot of Z's like this.

Keep in mind, we have not pulled the trigger yet, Id go for the BRE instead, but looking to spend an extra 250.00 above the cost of this one....so yeah anyway...

12800224105_b3df7e1da6_z.jpg
splitter a flare by zuess4u, on Flickr
12800639134_59dc969567_z.jpg
  • Like 1

I like to hear what people think and why, does not mean I follow.....This is the first Z and sometimes its good to hear someone state if the product is solid or not...this was more about looks, but Im going the way that fits budget and time, and I really think, once we get a splitter on the dam...it will look better....not awesome but better...lol.

Caleb...one of the twins, was able to pick the dam up for 80.00.....and its in real nice shape...came off of this blue car...

12910657024_c98d06b086_z.jpg
airjudy by zuess4u, on Flickr
  • 2 weeks later...