car has been sitting 7 years Im getting no Spark from the coil

Datsun510Boy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes your down grading and going to loose alot of power.

key is does these carbs work? Be honest mikunis are good carbs and should be OK.

You just got to be smarter than the car.

the weber 32/36 is simplier carb but if you know nothing about then then your still in the same situation.

if these mukunies the jet blocks are all screwed in ok and they not pissing out gas I think your fine.

what is still wrong with the car? TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My yellow 510 has 44mikunins and they 30years old. I dont know why people say they need rebuilds. either they work or they dont.

Hold On. 

The Answer depends on what you're shooting for and an honest assessment of your skills and available time.

Dual Mikuni's are cool.  Weber 32/36 is cool.

Dual Mikuni's are fiddly; keeping the carbs sync'ed at both high and low ends and the linkages smooth will require you to open the hood at least monthly.  Air filtration is difficult and means you have to change the oil more frequently.  Assuming your Mikuni's are the proper size (What size are they?), they probably allow more horsepower than the Weber.

The Weber is solid, reliable, easy to tune and likely gets better mileage than the Mikuni's.  If its adjusted correctly, it allows good, solid horsepower.   There's room for excellent air filtering under the hood decreasing your maintenance time. 

The Weber is what you want if you want a fun car to hoop in and go.  If the car care itself is part of the fun, keep the Mikuni's.  Unless you're a mechanic or have auto training, (and even then), I believe everyone eventually reaches the point that they just wish the damn thing would just run.  

So unless you have the time and the inclination to be under the hood, I'd suggest the Weber.

That's the opinion of a guy with dual Weber DCOE 40s (Similar to the Mikunis).

Are you posting in all caps from your phone? All caps or caps lock on is like yelling.

Lets back up. You turned the car over to a mechanic. You bought a Weber 32/36. You ordered a manifold for the Weber. You or your mechanic got the Mikunis to run by draining the gas. All good.

So is the car driveable?

not drivable till the carbs are redone gonna take mikunis off replace with weber . All caps was On i wasn't Yellin lol mechanic got it to run And Said Makunis need rebuild so i bought manifold and weber . work should be done few days once i receive manifold . car is ready after that everything else is all to the good . ill keep everyone posted take pics of the change . keep the mikunis close just incase so i can change back if i want 

sell me those mikunis with the manifold and linkage. for 50$

You should throw in another 50 and buy the car from him. 

LOL   :devil:

That looks like a fun fixer-uper for the right 510 guy.

You never ever see cars like that down here where I live.  I think all the old chevy's are dumped down here.

Its A Very Fun CAR !!! AND IT WILL COME ALONG . IM GOING TO HAVE HIM CHECK THE CARBS AGAIN BUT IM SURE HE KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT . AND I THINK IM GOING TO KEEP THE MIKUNIS THANKS THOUGH @BANZAI510 AND @KGRANTKEY U GOT JOKES HUH 50 ? DAMN THATS ALL MY SHIT WORTH 100 BUCKS SMH !!

IMG_20140308_213445.jpg

HERES THE WEBER THOUGH 

U GOT JOKES HUH 50 ? DAMN THATS ALL MY SHIT WORTH 100 BUCKS SMH !!

IMG_20140308_213445.jpg

HERES THE WEBER THOUGH 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes just joking.     I did buy my last 620 for 35.00 it's all about how much you spend to fix it right.  And I didn't mean to make you yell.

You should throw in another 50 and buy the car from him. 

Yeah I know but I have 3 Mikunis set not being used and a Italian solex set also. Plus I kve not room for another car.

Hopefully that weber works out but seeing the suitcase size coil leds me to ck out the coil first and if point ignition wit no ballast will make the carbs look like they are bad.

One car I worked on had same isse of hard to drive even down the street and foind out the Accel Super coil needed the extra ballast resisitor as it was arching the points those cause massive unburn full to split out.

• 2 weeks later...

20140318_102210.jpg

it runs Thanks For ALL Support ILL Take More Pictures SOON… Carbs Changed Out Sounds And RUns Good . i have to replace master cylinder before driving but i think were in the Game Datsun Family Lol 

Cool Conversion but i think I'm going to keep the mikunis Close By Have Them Looked At

Yeah Im Glad To Be Able To come To This Forum . Im Going to be doing upgrades and changes so this forum is perfect to share my progress On . Thanks For Your Help Ad Suggestions . yeah the brakes are from 280zx your right. hopefully i dint loose too much power changing the manifold and carb ya know ! i want to do some body work by next month so be on the Lookout For Me .