Wheel size

gregferr

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size are the wheels?  What size tires do you have now?  Do you have a pic of it with the new wheels on?  Why do you want a "tall" tire? What are you going to use the truck for?  Also, even though your truck is on "stock suspension"  that doesn't necessarily mean it's actually at stock height.  That's why a pic helps. 

Also, Your title says "Wheel size"  yet you ask about tires.....?

Assuming you've got 15" wheels:

I've got 215/60/16 tires.  That's a 26" tall tire.  I still have 2.5" of room before I hit the fender arch at "stock 40 year old height"

Keep in mind that brand and model of tire will vary on size:

A 215/75/15 is 27.8".  About 1/2" of room on my truck

A 225/75/15 is 28.3"  That's about the max I could go

A 235/75/15 is 29".  About 1/2" too tall on my truck.

A 31x10.50x15 is 30.7".  Too tall for my truck

Tires Yes Tires.

The SST Rims only came in 15 inch. Now it has 190/60/15 24" approx

Me and my son are over 6-3 is why I want the truck taller so we do not have to sit on our buts and scoot in the truck.

We just put the L20b engine back in the 75. with zero smog runs great, Cruises at 85 with 4 speed

Just got valve cover back from powder coat streak grey with clear coat.

Would like to put a pic on here but cant seem to figure it out. Any tips?

Sorry, I noticed my first post might not have come off very friendly, so I moved some words around to express what I meant to say.

For pics:  I download my pics to Photobucket, then copy the IMG code and paste the code here.

So your looking to raise the truck so it's easier to get in.  

You could re-index the front torsion bars to raise the front a bit, then measure the clearance to find the biggest tire you can fit in there.  Most people want to lower their truck, so I've heard of using 720 4x4 rear springs to lower the rear, but I don't know about a spring that will raise it.  I'm guessing you might be able to get 1-2 inches out of re-indexing and swapping springs.  And then like the other two guys mentioned, you can do a body lift....

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I noticed my first post might not have come off very friendly, so I moved some words around to express what I meant to say.

For pics: I download my pics to Photobucket, then copy the IMG code and paste the code here.

So your looking to raise the truck so it's easier to get in.

You could re-index the front torsion bars to raise the front a bit, then measure the clearance to find the biggest tire you can fit in there. Most people want to lower their truck, so I've heard of using 720 4x4 rear springs to lower the rear, but I don't know about a spring that will raise it. I'm guessing you might be able to get 1-2 inches out of re-indexing and swapping springs. And then like the other two guys mentioned, you can do a body lift....

What I did is I went and bought longer shackles and lifted the front with torsion bars cranked up works good I have 235/75/15 tires with no clearance problems