1979 Mitsubishi Lancer Celeste "Plymouth Arrow 200 GT"

I do seafoam directly into the carb (not all at once, just slowly pouring), holding the throttle up to keep the motor alive, then once it would get close to stalling. I shut it off and pour the rest into the tank and let it sit for a hour. Fire it up and pedal to the metal till all the smoke is gone. Though my old 77 wagon really hated the ethanol in the fuel, ran so much better on 92 than 87. Come to find out in my dealership book, these old cars ran on 91 back in the 70s. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blinding people and :poop: with your awesome arrow of terror...

Really like the car. That black one you posted for inspiration looks the best minus the side skirts and it needs moar low with camber. Not a datsun, but a very cool import.

71686_461130190682304_1146607849_n.jpg

71686_461130190682304_1146607849_n.jpg

LMAO..what a classic song, remember listening to my moms albums, and this was one of them...I was around 7 years old, but can recall the words...wow.

You dont know how lucky you are with the fuel lines being clear enough, or the tank for that matter.....thats great....keep up the build...or getting it on the road.

• Like 1

I went out today and took the old man who owned the car for a ride out to the DMV to apply for replacement title. He pointed out the Ford dealership he bought the Arrow from in 1979. We talked about the car and some of the things he's done over the past 95 years. Apparently his son put a timing kit in and a full tune up every 75k miles. The man served in the Pacific during WWII. He had plenty of tales to share on the long ride there and back. I'll be going over and helping him with some home maintenance too. You can learn a lot from someone that's been around that long. 

• Like 3

This thread brings back memories of the family POS Arrow my father dragged home for his high school kids.  My first (legal) car, shared with sisters.

Had been in a front end accident and paint was bad.  My Dad tried his hand at paint/body - beat the panels, then darkish blue metallic way too thick, hood was like an orange peel, standing waves 1/8" tall. :rofl: Broken grill removed and a piece of aluminum angle iron on for a front bumper.  Interior was cloth on white vinyl as I recall.  Might be a family photo somewhere.

Hideous, yes.  But that car ran pretty good.  4 speed was close ratio.  My buddy had a gold smokey/bandit trans am with eagle on the hood, big engine.  I could reliably beat him off the line and across the intersection.  Could also stop better during impromptu parking lot autocross.

ETA: 10 years after selling the car my Dad got a notice to pick up his vehicle from an impound lot.  Title was never transferred.  There were YEARS of storage fees, though, so we never saw it again.

• 2 weeks later...

The arrow is now tagged and insured. I have put over 200 miles on it already. Loving every bit of it. One of the best driving cars I have ever had. Seriously lacking in power though. About to go out and adjust the valves to try and reduce the noise and maybe gain a couple ponies.