What size tire for 15x6

RTB

I got a terrific deal on 15x6 panasports but I'm having trouble choosing a tire size. It seems to fall into a category of being too narrow for nowadays performance tires. I don't really want to spend more than 400 dollars for the set and want them to be close to flush with the wheel lip. Any suggestions?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a terrific deal on 15x6 panasports but I'm having trouble choosing a tire size. It seems to fall into a category of being too narrow for nowadays performance tires. I don't really want to spend more than 400 dollars for the set and want them to be close to flush with the wheel lip. Any suggestions?

Offset? Assuming this is for the 510? Front suspension?

I would suggest a 195/50-15, unless something in your answers to those questions throws me for a loop.   B)

Offset? Assuming this is for the 510? Front suspension?

I would suggest a 195/50-15, unless something in your answers to those questions throws me for a loop.   B)

Close to zero offset. for a 510. Datsun Comp suspension (standard 510 struts with japanese insert and coil).

Chances are good the fronts will poke out regardless of tire size. I'd still go with a 195/50-15. Good selection of tires, good fit for a 6" wheel, and a good diameter for a 510. 

I know theres a big difference between tire manufactures on width.

I know theres a big difference between tire manufactures on width.

I wouldn't say "big", but if that's you're concern then get some of these...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+AST&partnum=95HR5EAST&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Good size, good in the rain, last well, and don't cost much.  :thumbup:

datsunfreak is correct, with the stock 510 struts, and Zero offset wheels, the wheels themselves will stick out past your fenders, regardless of the tires.  My setup is the 280zx struts, which moves the hub surface inward 1/2".  Plus my wheels are 6" wide with +10mm offset. The side wall bulge is tucked about 1/2" inside the wheel arch lip.

S12 200sx wheels here

15x6 +38, 195/45 front 205/45 rear:

195/45 in my opinion is too small for a 510 unless you are totally slammed.

P1030096_zpsd05eb2b3.jpg

P1030097_zpse7337e5f.jpg

P1030098_zps19a62397.jpg

On the 200sx they came from there were mini center caps and outer trim rings if I remember correctly...