Steroid's 4 door 620 !

Steroid [Mike] sent me these pics today of his 4 door 620 & he wanted me to post em up here to share. The pics were taken at the Davis camp truck run this weekend. Im sure he'll be registering soon on here to do the writeup & progress pics. I was excited to finally see these pics, enjoy!

duallydavis1.jpg

duallydavis2.jpg

duallydavis3.jpg

duallydavis4.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!! I finally joined!!! You can see here one of My "excuses" for no time to join!! Anyway, Datsunaholic is correct, it was engineless when purchased. It now has a Chevy V6 of some sort in the compartment. It is pretty much now how it will look as I hope to "stump" folks at car shows into believing that it came from Japan as a fourdoor long bed. Those of You following it's progress will remember that I have kept the stock frame and short bed seperately for a possible restoration someday. These frames are the longbed rear and a kingcab front with disc brakes which were grafted together. The cab was lifted off the original frame (took 7 guys to do!!!) and placed on this frame. It is 28" longer than a kingcab!! The rear wheels and fenders were made long ago by the same company that made the stepside beds, California Stepside. I will leave the side marker lights and front fender side emblems (the ones that CAME on it and belong there------anyone who was watching Ebay a few months ago will know what I mean). I might do something "stockish" with a headlight/grille combo that will be different than the stock four round headlight setup. These lights were mounted just for this show. The color will be charcoal below the bulletside and white with charcoal pearl above. The bulletside itself will be welded in on the bed and a "mystery scheme" painted there to seperate the 2 colors. It took all this time to find a RELIABLE welder to get it to this state. Any of You following older photos will remember that the cab's lower sides were totally "cancered" out. My welder Geru, Rich, did an AWESOME job and I would challange a Datsun employee from 1973 to tell that they had been changed out!! Future plans might include someday to shell out big $$$ for alloy rims (VERY wide 14" single Micky Thompson's) and narrower fronts like some of the big duallys run. I will NEVER touch the cab as rare as it is but wouldn't it be AWESOME if the cab was cut and it was a roadster?!?!? By the way, did any of You notice that fourdoors have windwings?? As far as I know, this is the ONLY fourdoor in the U.S. Anybody seen any others?

Hey!! I finally joined!!! You can see here one of My "excuses" for no time to join!! Anyway, Datsunaholic is correct, it was engineless when purchased. It now has a Chevy V6 of some sort in the compartment. It is pretty much now how it will look as I hope to "stump" folks at car shows into believing that it came from Japan as a fourdoor long bed. Those of You following it's progress will remember that I have kept the stock frame and short bed seperately for a possible restoration someday. These frames are the longbed rear and a kingcab front with disc brakes which were grafted together. The cab was lifted off the original frame (took 7 guys to do!!!) and placed on this frame. It is 28" longer than a kingcab!! The rear wheels and fenders were made long ago by the same company that made the stepside beds, California Stepside. I will leave the side marker lights and front fender side emblems (the ones that CAME on it and belong there------anyone who was watching Ebay a few months ago will know what I mean). I might do something "stockish" with a headlight/grille combo that will be different than the stock four round headlight setup. These lights were mounted just for this show. The color will be charcoal below the bulletside and white with charcoal pearl above. The bulletside itself will be welded in on the bed and a "mystery scheme" painted there to seperate the 2 colors. It took all this time to find a RELIABLE welder to get it to this state. Any of You following older photos will remember that the cab's lower sides were totally "cancered" out. My welder Geru, Rich, did an AWESOME job and I would challange a Datsun employee from 1973 to tell that they had been changed out!! Future plans might include someday to shell out big $$$ for alloy rims (VERY wide 14" single Micky Thompson's) and narrower fronts like some of the big duallys run. I will NEVER touch the cab as rare as it is but wouldn't it be AWESOME if the cab was cut and it was a roadster?!?!? By the way, did any of You notice that fourdoors have windwings?? As far as I know, this is the ONLY fourdoor in the U.S. Anybody seen any others?

Welcome aboard :D I can imagine it taking a crew of guys to get that cab off the ground :) I love the wingwindows to, well I liked them better when I used to smoke haha

How is the leg room in the back? It looks roomy but had to ask.

• 1 month later...

Mike asked me to post these newest pics of the 4 door...

Here are the "not so good photos" that I mentioned. I don't know how they will post. You can get and idea, though, how the Volkswagen beetle LED lights will work and how they conform to the body side contours. Hopefully You can see how the bulletside line has been raised on the tailgate and bed corner. Tomorrow We should be finished at least with the top of the driver's side of the bed. If time permits, the driver's side taillight housing will be welded in. Well, it's off to bed......... 115+ temperature/welding requires a good night's sleep!!!

duallytaillight2.jpg

duallytaillight.jpg

How about the wiring though? Isn't it only meant to be a brake light? Will you have to rewire the LED's so there are "2" lights?

He just needs a resistor to run inline with the leds, so he can have multiple functions (dim for running lights, and bright for brake/turn)

• 5 weeks later...

first of all... that thing is freaking awesome. def something that i would flip out about if i saw it on the road, maybe follow for a couple miles just to see it better.

I will NEVER touch the cab as rare as it is but wouldn't it be AWESOME if the cab was cut and it was a roadster?!?!?

secondly... i wouldn't cut THAT cab either but that would be cool to do a four door datsun truck roadster... future project? maybe make the rear doors suicide and you'd get the bullets lined up to each other... hmm i'm gonna have to play with photoshop now.

keep up the awesome build.