Quick release steering wheel hub

Data session

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever see in-car footage of one of those things failing ?

It's not pretty........

I'm not talking about the ones used on real race cars, that slide on over a hex or splined shaft, that then gets a cross pin pushed through to retain it.

I'm talking about those frigging ball retained type that are coming out of china, or other third world countries.

• Like 1

The weld on style is the other one I use. Mainly on the offroad-only vehicles that come into my shop.

I remember seeing a race car stuck in the pond between the carousel and turn 2 at Sears Point. He simply drove off the track and straight into the pond...at race speed...because he forgot to put the pin in his quick release hub.

• 4 weeks later...

Me 2, Momo on the NRG quick release. One thing that needed sorting though was a vibration buzz. I have poly motor mount and no harmonic balancer so lots of vibration in my car. A little aluminum H-vac tape fixed that buzz right quick.

photo-11.jpg

The quick release hub was part number SRK-250BK and cost about $150. http://www.getnrg.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=69_25 They come in all sorts of colors. It was a compromise because I really wanted the Works Bell hub, but they are really expensive. http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/

The hub to the column is SRK-120H and cost about $110.

The quick release hub was part number SRK-250BK and cost about $150. http://www.getnrg.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=69_25 They come in all sorts of colors. It was a compromise because I really wanted the Works Bell hub, but they are really expensive. http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/

The hub to the column is SRK-120H and cost about $110.

Will your hub fit on my 620?

I'm pretty sure you can get a hub for a Datsun. Remember, the splines are the same for many years of Datsuns, so if you find one for something like a 240Z, it's likely to fit.

I like the short hubs. If I want the wheel closer to me, I install a new wheel with a deep offset. Those are retro cool these days anyway.

Edit - I just read their application page and the 142H is the Datsun hub. Maybe a 140H for a Nissan would work, but they may put your hands too close to the turn signal and wiper stalk.

Found this on the first page of this thread, from 3 years ago -

"NRG 140h hub and quick release will work on 620. And for your safety please don't cheap out on a steering wheel either I know NRG is a bit high but I haven't found a hub and quick release just that's as good"

• Like 1

Found this on the first page of this thread, from 3 years ago -

"NRG 140h hub and quick release will work on 620. And for your safety please don't cheap out on a steering wheel either I know NRG is a bit high but I haven't found a hub and quick release just that's as good"

I can't be cheap I got a nardi for Christmas .. That's the reason why I'm getting the quick release lol I wouldn't want my steering wheel to fly out when I'm turning or trying to avoid something on the road

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
15 hours ago, danrein said:

So I just bought a 1975 620 and I want to do a quick release to it and a nice nardi or momo woodgrain and I was wondering what hubs and quick releases I should look into??

it also has an unknown aftermarket hub I'm pretty sure its an nrg one because of the taper on it and I was wondering if an nrg quick release will work with it?