Aerosol interior paint..?

Wanting to change a color on a few plastics, vinyl maybe carpet touch ups.....any GOOD products.

Factory seats in the 260 look great, but their brown vinyl with white cloth inserts. Im only guessing there is no way to get the cloth all black...thinking of leaveing cloth white and turning the brown to black...with your product suggestions.

ANYONE?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sem.... but your battle is cleaning and prepping the parts ... if u want it to stick u gotta do the work ....

Jrock, great info...it seems like anything you paint has to be well preped...such bullshit...why  cant they make something with little to no prep...lol.

no ownder body guys charge sooo much.

i sold automotive paint for 20 years.........u know how many times i spent selling people the same shit cuz they wouldnt listen about hows they needed to prep shit .......... i would get any where from it takes to long, to my arm hurts to i saw it on monster garage they painted a car in a hour.... paint work is 90% prep 5% talent 5% application...ok not true, but i was dealing with tv watching back yard billicans.....i cant stress enough ... yor work is only as good as your prep.... i have used sem and have seen t used to a oem factory look ..... but then again i seen it used and be blotchy urban camo that flakes off in a week .......

yeah u cant paint over a coffee stain bro .... just sayin....lol

take your time hot soapy water first do that a few times ...clean clean clean .....

i personally hate paint work cuz its so monotonous and repetitive.... but i do it... against my best judgement .....

• Like 1

Yes everything Jrock said, Prep is everything, especially on plastic.

Jrock thanks again, and trust me...I know its ALL about prep...I was just being a joker about why dont they make a non prep paint...Im from old school and no matter what you use, there WILL be prep.

In my build threads, I got pics of the twins getting a first hand intro to the world of prep...lol... they have stayed away from the car when they see sand paper....its like kriptonite to them now...lol

lol u would be surprised how many people ask for no prep paint ... nothings is worse then wet sanding a car for a day then going and taking a hot shower.... might as well just go slap your palms on a griddle.... i use latex gloves if im gonna wet sand alot,    u lose the feeling of touch but its better then grabbing your hot coffee the next morning and dropping it on starbux floor

lol u would be surprised how many people ask for no prep paint ... nothings is worse then wet sanding a car for a day then going and taking a hot shower.... might as well just go slap your palms on a griddle.... i use latex gloves if im gonna wet sand alot,    u lose the feeling of touch but its better then grabbing your hot coffee the next morning and dropping it on starbux floor

LMAO @^^^^^ and someone asking for non prep paint....been using Dupont ChromaBase on the Camaro....and I wont let the public know what the twins used on the Z...but it can be bought at Home Depot...lol....Really like the Chroma line...for price and quailty.

i love chroma base......the premier base coat is nice but don't like catalyzing my base unless i am doing graphics...my jet boat is drenched in chroma base and 72500 high res clear....love it ... really like the chroma one acrylic urethane single stage ... wish more datto colors were available in it ...it polishes even nicer then centari

Good to hear, miss my jet boat..:(

Ive sprayed the jams smoothed firewall, on the Camaro....dont have enough ballz to spray exterior, well base coat I feel confident, but have not a clue one how to cut and polish......if it didnt make such a difference on the sale of the car I might give it a shot....

Your thought??? if a customer brought a 67 Camaro to you, based and cleared with info on coats and brand of material, would you consider doing the job?....hypothetic of course...Im not driving to Washington...lol

Just wanted to see if that was out of the scope of a local here.

sem also makes a plastic adhesion promoter.

i've used it on both interior and exterior plastics.

like everyone here has said. if you follow the prep directions carefully it will last a long time and the results are very good.

as an example, i used it on a poly lip spoiler on my daily driver and after almost 5 years, no paint flaking or anything.

to boot, i commute about 90 miles round trip every day mostly highway, so its not like i drive a couple of miles down the street either.

old non 1/4 stringer sundance....SOLD to finance full stringer hull kepo the 429...all hose of color on this boat ... night fucking mare...

CannonBeach045.jpg

Trailer006.jpg

1974 eliminator ....... full stringer based and intercoat cleared.....masking my life away

d29aa7f1.jpg

pre clear post pinstripe

ea5f8a85.jpg

32b97b65.jpg

79894c31.jpg

1fb60632.jpg

used some red flake from house of color

393e7e28.jpg

fathers pickle fork we all got boats..

3ffebfa2.jpg

oh u wanna a video huh

th_3f0f935c.jpg

jrock,

nice work, pain staking but it pays off in the self gratifying department....I can appreciate the details and know the hours of grief, not to mention any mistakes....lol...those are the worst.

To the rest of you, thanks a bunch for the posts to the question.....but since there are pics of boats on here....IM gunna have to dig into my terrabite and find my boat photos..maybe they are on there...

brothers tunnel hull after going to hard ... there no bottom and this hull top is hanging on his wall

942cb6ae.jpg

stuck a stringer through the hull bottom too that day ...

Hard to tell this looks like an old school Sanger hull, which would never dream would blow out like that....maybe its Bayliner.....lol...<<< (joking there)

• 4 weeks later...

Jrock, great info...it seems like anything you paint has to be well preped...such bullshit...why  cant they make something with little to no prep...lol.

no ownder body guys charge sooo much.

Amen brother!   Why so much cleaning and sanding and prepping!!  Stop the freaking madness!!!  My weekend will be filled with cleaning and grinding small parts to prepare for paint.