Show me your Tool............

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The DeWalt is bulky compared to yours Busta. I have one similar to yours that I use for interior panel screws and such, stuff that doesn't have a ton of torque on it. Add a couple inches below your hand a inch or two above and you got it. The impact driver has a 1/4" chuck that I normally have a 3/8 socket adapter in. I use for suspension, brakes, engine work. Sucker will snap off a 8mm thread (12mm head) bolt without thinking twice. I love that thing.

Also, that seal remover is a god send. Don't have to worry about marring seal surfaces and pulls the seals out with minimal damage (depending on how old the seal is, I have punctured some). Main uses are crank/cam seals. 

Something that has saved my ass a comple times is my 2 foot long snap-on 1/2" ratchet. Yes, just over 2 feet long ratchet, not a breaker bar. Dual 80, flex head. I can take almost anything off with that thing. Works great for crank bolts (coupled with a equally long chain wrench) or FWD axle nuts (with a prybar through the studs). I don't have any pictures of it but there was this one online...

d7c36aadfcafd9b6b2b3782a7358b21d.jpg

• Like 3

Damn that is a long bitsh, I just throw a jack handle over my Dual80 :w00t:

Dual 80s are amazing ratchets, Im pretty sure I have gone over the torque rating a few times, they dont fuckin budge, worst I ever did to it was snapped the switch off when I dropped it on a sharp edge, of course it was fixed that day, Thanks Snap On. lol.

been thinking about gettin one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-On-3-8-Dr-Extra-Long-Handle-Dual-80-Ratchet-FLL80-/251445807033?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a8b5687b9&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

They don't break.............

I have that same giant ratchet............put a FULL SIZE jack handle on it to break something loose.....can't remember what...

..................might have been Bababooey's wheel bearing job......

Could not believe that thing didn't strip the teeth.......

• Like 2

... and this thread is awesome, BTW.

^^....thx AJ.......gotta love tools!!

I have something similar to this........Snap-on version.......

.................7.2v and I bought mine before they came out with the clutched version.......

Hard to tell how big the Dewalt one is but looks a little bulky.........can never tell from internet oics though.....I could be way off.......

This is probably my most used tool...........it's small enough to fit in really tight spots........under dashes and such

I love the Craftsman one, I think I want to upgrade to the snap-on one at some point, was hard to beat 24$ on sale though. Even fits in my ammo-box/tool box for the junkyard, makes that crap easy.

35650AC9-B04F-4DC0-988E-A585CB9904A4-173

• Like 2

Yeah the 3/8 Dual80 is rated for freakin 280 FT LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never broken any of my Dual80's. Did bend one of the flex head ones though, right where the joint is. Yay Snap-On warranty! 

BTW, if any of you know of any snap-on dealers/truck owners looking for a new route, there will be one open NE Portland after February. My current one is leaving for bend.

• Like 1

Nothing I love more then a quality tool.
This a 38mm deep socket I had to make to get to the main bearing nut on a Datsun 5spd transmissi DSCN6579.jpg

This is an old putty knife that was pushed too far and broke but a few min. on the belt sander and I now have the best gasket scrapper I've ever used,
101_0070.jpg

I will never pick up a hacksaw again since I got this, so fast101_0071.jpg

This is a 3/4" 600ftlb torque wrench I had to get for the main pulley nut on a BMW engine,
love using this thing.
101_0075.jpg

• Like 2

Well it's not quite snap-on nice but just got a sweet hammer and dolly kit from harbor freight.

0399846F-DC39-4F73-B41C-2990ECF8BD25_zps

Hahaha!  I have the same set.  My bodyman reminds me of what his body shop instructor taught him:  "Harbor Freight body hammers and dollies do more damage than fixing fenders!"  :D  I still use them, just not for quality work.  But I don't profess to be an awesome bodyman either.  

These are my body hammers.BodyHammers_zps3eaedc1c.jpg

They are made by Proto, no longer available.  Notice they are much lighter than the Harbor freight hammers above.

This is just a few pieces of steel, I cut out, and bolt together, and it forms the dimple you see in the sheet metal.

DieParts_zps14acd66c.jpg

This is a Roper whitney hole punch.  I use it to make slugs to fill holes in sheet metal. 

RWPunch_zps9c8e707c.jpg

This is spoon, and a cut off piece of leaf spring.  They are used between sheet metal, and body hammers to spread the impact out, and really help lowering high spots, without putting hammer marks in the metal.

Spoons.jpg

These are a few of my dollies. 

ThreeDollies.jpg

Dollies just need to be heavier than the hammer you use on the other side of the metal.  Almost any piece of metal will work as a dolly, I even use flat pieces of bar stock.  it just need to fit the contour of the metal you are removing dents from.

I made these plates that fit in the headlight bucket, on the core support on a 521.

PlatesLeft_zps069ffc82.jpg

There are three loops of 1/2 round stock, welded to small flat pieces of metal, and the bolts I use to attach them to the plates above, for pulling the headlight bucket.

PlateHardware_zps97e4d31e.jpg

A shrinking disk, and below a Metabo grinder.  My old Skil grinder died, and I refused to buy a grinder cheaply made in China.  I wanted to buy a grinder made in the USA, but could not find anything.  This grinder is made in Germany.

ShrinkingDisk.jpg

A bulls eye pick.  Used in finishing sheetmetal, raises very small areas of sheet metal, from behind.

BullEyePick.jpg

This is plate I made, that you can bolt the front apron of a 521 to.  this holds the apron for straightening it, and holds the ends out at the proper location to match the fenders, when the fenders are bolted to the truck.  It can also be bolted to the core support, to support the front lower corner of the fender, when I am working on the fenders.

ApronFixture_zps8e67f506.jpg

• Like 5

The port a band is a dewalt and the table adapter is from Swag Offroad.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Portaband-Tables-_c_35.html

Works with a few specific miller or dewalt port a bands. :)

hmmm i got a big ole bulky milwaukee i wonder if it would work .... its a beast  and i would love to use it more

why does ratsun always fuck up my quoting ..... seriously ratsun is becoming a little photobuckety

hmmm i got a big ole bulky milwaukee i wonder if it would work .... its a beast  and i would love to use it more

why does ratsun always fuck up my quoting ..... seriously ratsun is becoming a little photobuckety

Works fine for me :fu:

Edit: I've noticed it gets weird on my screen name cause of the ] sometimes :lol:

The tools I'm going to show come in 2 categories. 

How did I ever work without this OR I'm screwed if I ever lose this thing. 

These two are probably two of my most used tools. I would be lost with out them. 

78763334-orig_zps2755b667.jpg

I love this thing. Had it for so long. If you don't have one, you don't know what you're missing. 

Interior stuff. Prying light things. Hose removal. Plastic clips. So much!

I lost one of these right after my Snap-On guy went on vacation. Horrible!

And this one is just too convenient. Again, this thing is used for so much. 

If you push a wrench for a living you know what I mean. 

BA4A396C-orig_zps9e04682f.jpg

OK...pocket screwdriver. I get it. 

But those free screwdrivers from your tool guy suck!

Spend the few bucks to buy this. You will love it. 

I can't use freebie pocket drivers. Ouch. 

I have like 5 or so of these, just in case Some with magnets, some without. 

• Like 2

6F462D96-orig_zps9e28cd06.jpg

These. 

Are. 

The. 

Total. 

Fucking.

Business. 

8x10, 12x14, 13x15, 16x18, 17x19. Long. Flex head at both ends. Reversible with a little push button. 

Side profile...

2ABFCAAE-orig_zps973575b5.jpg

How did I ever, EVER, work without this set?

In love. These get borrowed on the daily. 

The dealer I bought them from credited me my set after he sold 20 sets to people I sent his way. 

• Like 3

Since we're talking wrenches...

E1B4CEC2-orig_zps896653d0.jpg

I bought these years ago. One of the best purchases ever. 

Gearwrench. Little. Strong. 

I have a 2 foot long bar with a notch cut out in it. 

Slip the notch onto one of these and beat it with a hammer. 

Had these for maybe 10 years or so. Haven't broken a single one. 

• Like 2

Problem pulling cam seals in tight spaces..........

Best tool ever for this is right here..........it will save your ass

IMG_6589_zps9cf4159e.jpg

Currently working for Toyota, I do a lot of timing belt work. 

I found that this is one of the best tools ever made!

29F081F9-orig_zps6c91410a.jpg

I paid a lot for this. After the first use-SOOOOOOO worth it. 

One cup presses against old/leaking cam seal in the car and cuts it in 2 pieces making removal a breeze. 

The other cup presses the new seal in perfectly. 

If anyone has ever tried to replace the Bank 1 cam seal on any FWD V6, you will understand how invaluable this is!

I'm also hunting down huge washers and nuts to customize this set to work with Nissans and Hondas. 

And since we're removing cam gears...

19C38D22-orig_zps2fbf9f53.jpg

I use this and one of those long flex head wrenches I posted earlier to remove cam gears. BOOM!

• Like 2