Show me your Tool............

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

image_zpsyenmsfzy.jpg

Old "Ford wrench." Every Ford model T and A in the early 1900s came from the factory with a variant of this wrench in its tool kit. Back then the kits came with about every tool you ever needed to service the car. This wrench was said to work on almost every nut.

Mine is an early one with the square end for the drain plugs.

The different angle jaw gets at nuts in tighter spots than adjustable wrenches and open wider. It's actually the only tool I had to remove a EGR bung on my Datsun without removing the engine or cutting the pipe. I just had to slip the closed end of a wrench over the end for extra torque.

I really like the usefulness and nostalgia of this wrench. It literally is one of the oldest things I own.

• Like 2

If you clearance to use it... that looks like a great tool.

Oh speaking of that! Be careful, because I found out on my L20B 720 that when removing the oil filter the end of the wrench lines up perfectly with the end of the bolt at the starter and positive cable.

Gave me a little burst of unannounced excitement when the filter came free that day.

Other than that, great tool.

• Like 2

I need some opinions........Im supposed to give the snap on guy my down payment for the box today but my dog past away yesterday so im not at the shop to pay him. talking with my dad he was saying my uncle would sell me his old box for the same price which is a fucking deal considering its a 17k dollar setup when new thats maybe 5 years old or so

tt_zps5mkxoror.jpg

Put your selves in my shoes, would you answer the phone and meet up with the snap on guy and give him the down payment on the smaller box or flake on the deal and wait for a bigger and better deal?

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking.he also has 2 matching side cabs he wants to get rid of aswell. my gf says get both because im sure I can get my money back for the smaller one but its not fun living check to check and not even have money for tools until atleast one is paid off.

yea I just don't wana be the asshole with the biggest box in the shop and only have enough tools to fit in 1 drawer....

I only use three drawers in my tool box at work. Ain't very big compared to the snap on boxes but it's held up to a lot of abuse compared to the others. Theirs are all falling apart

I see a box as like a piece of furniture or something I wouldn't dare throw shit in it or slam one shut. Maybe because when I was little my grandfather would yell at me for slamming his box and throwing his tools. That fucking guy talks so much shit because I buy snap on and that I wouldn't have to buy tools if I worked for him still but he likes hf shit because hes getting old and loses his shit.

It all depends on how you pay for it. Will your Dad allow you to payments? It's certainly a better box. You wouldn't get your money back on the small box... Those sell all day long for $2500 or less on CL.

Really sorry to hear about the dog.. been there before, and it's terrible.

How does a snap-on box make you more money than a less expensive box? I'm not a pro mechanic, but tools are my livelihood, and I just don't see the value of a snap-on box.

They don't.

This is a no brainer......

.....but call the guy and tell him you're backin' out......

..............don't flake.....you hate it too......

Sucks about the dog dude......my condolences.....

I picked this up yesterday.......

0EBAE996-888C-4495-855E-8E1B9B14F53B_zps

• Like 4

A Snap On box will save you money.

Say you bought a cheaper box. HF, Sears. Whatever.

Say your drawer on cheap box breaks. What do you do?

Move all those tools to a different drawer until you buy another cheap box.

Drawer breaks on your SO box?

Dealer fixes it. Have a good day.

You'll get your value out of a SO box unless your plan is to flip it.