Offsets

EdwardK

I know this has been asked many times before. (I've read through most of the posts involving wheels.)

What are the minimum and maximum offsets for 15"s on a (610) coupe?

I think 15x8's are about the maximum width up front and 15x10's are about the maximum width in back.

I'm looking at some  15"x 6.5" +38mm at the moment, but again, I dunno about that offset.

...Wish I had some dummy wheels or something to try different sizes with. lol

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15x6.5 +35 would suit a 510. I'm running 15x8 -0 and 15x9 -10 and they are flush with the fenders at stock height. When I lower it they will gain - camber and ill space them out. I would like 15x9 -20 for the rear. I think they would be perfect. And 8" up front with 0 to -10

15x6.5 +35 would suit a 510. I'm running 15x8 -0 and 15x9 -10 and they are flush with the fenders at stock height. When I lower it they will gain - camber and ill space them out. I would like 15x9 -20 for the rear. I think they would be perfect. And 8" up front with 0 to -10

Soooo... By this reasoning 15x 6.5 +38mm's would fit a 610.

15x8 -0 is 4" in either direction from the center, and 15x9 -10 puts 4.9" to the outside of the center and 4.1" to the inside. At least in the way that I had wheel sizes explained to me which could be completely wrong. :rofl:

So going by this my 15x6.5 +38's, would put 4.75" inside the center and 1.75" outside the center. Should totally fit... Assuming my formula is sound...

I'm not looking to fill the fenders in, I'm not looking for super wide tires. Just looking at some cheap-ish place-holders that don't look terribad.

Edward ,15"s on a coupe?

So you bout a 510?????????? +38 is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!for a 510. stock strut more than +25 will hit the strut(15x7)

Ok YOu need to say 610 not coupe. 510 610 I think is same in 73 so +38 is not going to work in my opinion for sure.

If you mean your 620 then I dont know.

Well I figured since I'm in the 610/710 section of the forums....

I definitely mean for the 610.

The offset isn't measured from the inside or outside of the rim but instead the centerline so it'll change where it may or may not hit depending on your wheel width.

If +25 is the maximum with a 7" width then that's a maximum of about 4.5" to the inside of the center.

Sooo that means my 6.5" width +38's would have 4.75" to the inside of the center. A quarter of an inch too much. :P

But this math is correct yes?

Because if it is I now know the maximum width allowed inside the centerline. 4.5" Assuming the '73 610 coupe is the same as the 510 coupe .

I also know the maximum outside width from the center-line thanks to Simon89... Again presuming my formula is accurate. lol

In the 610 unite thread on roughly page 106 is pics of my wheels at standard height

I saw that! That a good looking car. You really need to make a separate thread for that car, it'd make it so much easier to see what all you've done to it rather than sift through that massive thread yah know?

Im not a wheel expert per say . I run +25 and its close. add another +13mm(+38). so me being a gun nut I know a 45 cal(.450in) is close to 11mm and you have a extra 2mm going the wrong way.

I would not risk it. why not just buy off the shelf rims in the correct size. no spacers and wheel stud conversion shit. bolt and go.

I would compare part numbers in the brake section of rockauto.com and it the parts #s change then you know the brake strut set up is differnt.

I just know the 73 610 is the same as the 510 for that year. later 610s went to l20b motors so it might be different I dont know.

yes having a 6.5 in rim you have a little more clearance. but the +38 is risking it to me.

to me +38 is a front wheel drive wheel or for the newer car set ups

• Like 1

Im not a wheel expert per say . I run +25 and its close. add another +13mm(+38). so me being a gun nut I know a 45 cal(.450in) is close to 11mm and you have a extra 2mm going the wrong way.

I would not risk it. why not just buy off the shelf rims in the correct size. no spacers and wheel stud conversion shit. bolt and go.

I would compare part numbers in the brake section of rockauto.com and it the parts #s change then you know the brake strut set up is differnt.

I just know the 73 610 is the same as the 510 for that year. later 610s went to l20b motors so it might be different I dont know.

yes having a 6.5 in rim you have a little more clearance. but the +38 is risking it to me.

I think what I'm gonna do is fab up some dummy rims just to play around and see what sizes I can use.

But yeah, +38's does appear to be too close without spacers, (And I'm not one to trust spacers.) so they're out of the question.

I don't follow you as far as "off the shelf" goes. Nowhere I buy from even lists the 610's or 510's as existing, so they definitely don't have the wheel sizes for them. Or am I missing something? (Probably :rofl: )

I have Rota RB wheels and they list +12 or +15 and +25mm at the time. also seen +20 in 15x7s. But I dont know if they make them anymore.

Panasport make a +22 and thats a EZ fit right off the bat but the wheels are expensive.

Konig use to be popular also.

I like the Panasport wheels or the clones or the modular type if one can afford but this is just my beater I put these on. I know soem people have the Rotas but least they hide the drum brakes in back better.

the SSR jap wheels Simmons out of Australia where also nice.

those BMW web mesh clones are nice also. even the chinese ones but dont make 15s that I can see.

just my opinion but there are certain wheels that can make a surface rusted pantina beater510 look pimpin then somebody will take a nice straight 510 and put some lame ass wheels on there thus ruin the car (bettter to run the stock hubcaps and slamm the car down)

15x8 -0 is 4" in either direction from the center, and 15x9 -10 puts 4.9" to the outside of the center and 4.1" to the inside. At least in the way that I had wheel sizes explained to me which could be completely wrong. :rofl:

Just an FYI when measuring wheels, a 15x8 is going to measure dang near 9" wide on the outside.  It will be 8" measured inside the lips.  For example an 8" zero offset wheel will have roughly 4.5" backspacing.  :geek: 

• Like 1

I have Rota RB wheels and they list +12 or +15 and +25mm at the time. also seen +20 in 15x7s. But I dont know if they make them anymore.

Panasport make a +22 and thats a EZ fit right off the bat but the wheels are expensive.

Konig use to be popular also.

I like the Panasport wheels or the clones or the modular type if one can afford but this is just my beater I put these on. I know soem people have the Rotas but least they hide the drum brakes in back better.

the SSR jap wheels Simmons out of Australia where also nice.

those BMW web mesh clones are nice also. even the chinese ones but dont make 15s that I can see.

just my opinion but there are certain wheels that can make a surface rusted pantina beater510 look pimpin then somebody will take a nice straight 510 and put some lame ass wheels on there thus ruin the car (bettter to run the stock hubcaps and slamm the car down)

Definitely an opinion. Everyone is going to like different wheels... I mean, the guys who drive around those ugly ass Monte Carlo's on 24"s actually like the way it looks. (I can't understand it myself but whatever.)

I actually want some of those old Watanabe banana spoke rims. But they're waaay outta my price range at the moment. 

Again, I'm looking for cheap temporary rims that don't look like crap. And those just happened to be the size they came in. lol

Thanks for all the suggestions though, I'll check 'em out.

Just an FYI when measuring wheels, a 15x8 is going to measure dang near 9" wide on the outside.  It will be 8" measured inside the lips.  For example an 8" zero offset wheel will have roughly 4.5" backspacing.  :geek:

Ayup. Found that out with my truck.  :sneaky:  Much appreciated though!