My 1973 Datsun 620 Build "Back Again"

mcordero8

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I bought these rims on craigslist a while back and the guy I bought them from told me that they were from the early 90's. He also said that they were either American Racing Rims or Prime Rims. I wrapped them in 225/50/R15 Sumitomo Tires. It's kind of funny because before my truck was stolen back in the early 90's I had my eye on a set of these rims so when these came around I felt like it was meant to be.

nice work on the truck, I have some rust issues on my 77 kc and I like what you have done with the por-15. to bad you live in tracy, ca. cuz I would have you come to phoenix and give me a hand on repairing the rust and do the same with the por-15

Thanks, a lot of people like the original colors better and, I think they look cool too, but I am trying to get my truck to look like the one I use to have. I hope yours comes out good. Please post some pictures when you get a chance. I would like to see your progress.

Getting the car back in a week hopefully, then all that is left is sort out my tray, only have a flat bed at the moment, decide whether Ill use door mount or fender mount mirrors, paint the chassis and re-paint the floor pans.e

Here are some photos of the car when I purchased it, indeed it was purchased from a farm shed, hadnt been driven for 10 years

ad_1_1386831641108_zpsb7b4bbe4.jpg

ad_0_1386831641107_zps114fd89a.jpg

20140101_145148_zps4498f1a1.jpg

Will definitely post pics up once I get the car back!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I use to work in purchasing, so I try to do everything on a budget. altogether I probably got about $2500 in it so far. the paint alone was $600 and I had a friend that did the body work and paint for $1000. I think it is coming out good for the amount of money I have put in it so far.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So now that I'm done with the outside I am starting to work on the inside. Here is where I am at so far.

First I got my steering wheel in then I started working on the floors. I put some U-Seal from Home Depot to help with sound deadening then I put some insulation to help with heat and cold. Here is a pic of how that turned out.

14726476929_d5dfe65ce5_b.jpg20140808_193107_resized by on Flickr

Once that was done I started putting my carpet in. It turned out okay. Let me know what you guys think.

14726522068_2ee0a38e51_b.jpg20140808_201954_resized by on Flickr

• Like 3