My 1980 Datsun b310 210

dat521gatherer

I picked this up last week and got a great deal. Thanks Christina. :D It's all original with 168,xxx miles. I put in a ad in the classifieds for some smalls but zero responses. Hopefully after a few of you read this I might get a few of you to point me towards some parts. More importantly I need to get it running right.SANY5195_zpse5353307.jpg

SANY5198_zpscf4850c9.jpg

SANY5243_zps214fdf28.jpg

SANY5262_zps5eb8d505.jpg

SANY5226_zps4ac1bbeb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing I did was fix the transmission leak coming from the 2 metal lines rubbing together to the point of a hole being formed. I then proceeded to over fill the tranny then having to suck some back out. :rolleyes: The transmission was only shifting when the pedal was floored 3rd gear hitting around 43mph. There was a vacuum leak at the manifold hose. I thought it may have been the modulator from reading the Datsun1200 site but tried the vacuum line first. Now it shifts like butter.SANY5303_zps50df5400.jpg

List of parts I wtb posted in the classifieds.

Heater blower resister or part number Done
antenna
Jack bar Found

Battery hold down Done
washer pump Fixed
rear side marker
clock. later 1980 style dash Have not installed
drivers lower door hinge 2dr or just the spring. Found. Door inner frame is bent.

Things to do include.

Paint original plastic delridge license frame Done. found a original metal one.

Paint rear cardboard tray where speakers go Done

Paint grill Done

Lube wiper linkage if I can get to it. Minor squeal. Trans needs replaced.

Install clear napa fuel filter. Done

Fix trunk leaks. Need window seal

Detail under hood and door jambs, trunk. Done

Bleed brakes. Light is on. Light is off

Oh yeah I should get it running. After I fixed the tranny leak I drove it around for 15 minutes then it acted like it dropped a cylinder. :confused:

You just find your jack handle there!

I just looked and yep it was under there.

Sorta figured. I have never owned a "210".

It's a b310 but for some reason as I understand it they were marketed in the u.s as 210's

Any who, I was watching your 210 on CL. Looked like a great deal. It is awesome that you were able to fix the tranny issue so easily. Hopefully the "dropped cylinder" is a spark plug or wire. Either way very nice find.

Yes it was great deal. But the engine is going to be a headache I can tell .I want to keep the smog stuff but it makes it hard to diagnose or get to anything. I tore off the smog stuff on my 75 b210 and put a weber on it and no matter what I do to the timing or fuel mixture it always diesels.

I am no expert, but I am driving a 78 with all of the smog deleted and a weber 32/36 installed right now and I have no "dieseling" problem. I also have had a couple of different B210's in the past with the same setup and have had no problems...

That is why I was surprized he was having a problem with his "75".

That aside I do agree a good Hitachi is the way to go. I keep a good weber on hand as a test unit or as a stand in while I get a Hitachi lined up.

I do respect your opinion and advice ggzilla

• Like 1