My new ugly betty, '84 Maxima, not diesel.

HRH

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I do brother Qtip, but its locked away in the gun safe along with lots of other goodies.

I have my two handed Katana machete at close hand if needed, thankfulyy my area of Straylia aint overrun by crack heads (yet).

I kinda like HRH's idea of having one as a hood ornament, it would certainly keep other competitors at bay.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, finally some progress on Ugly Betty!  I've had her running for a few weeks now.  Rear subframe is much improved being nearly solid mounted.  Going to get her aligned tomorrow morning as see if she's out of whack from when I went over the curb.  Got her running better tonight, forget the air bleed at the air flow meter is adjustable.  Gave her a bit more air, improved the idle under load and the general richness.  She wasn't too happy with all this cold air and then trying to run speakers/lights/blower motor all at once.  Rather pissy in the morning.

Made some plates (what else, aluminum diamond plate!) to cover the front area where I cut off the bumper and the fender starts.  Basically replaced the green tape.  Figured it might be better to have something stronger in case I plow into a snow bank this winter.  Ended up getting some 2.5" trucklites like I sell to my customers.  They work for turn signals just great!  Only thing is they only have the 194 bulbs in them so they blink too fast, but they're effective and functional, so don't care!

Since the rear suspension fixing, she hooks up much better now.  No more wheel hop.   I mean ZERO.  Soooooo nice!  Wish I would have done that last season, I probably could have gotten a half second out of her or more at autocross.   But hindsight being 20/20.

turn%20signal%201_zps55dctg7m.jpg

treecutting1_zpsjqo45lra.jpg

This is what I've been playing with lately.  Fucking windstorm.

truckstump1_zpsaoxlpddp.jpg

Gracie II moved this big ass stump!  Took many jerks.  And had to cut the roots that extended into the ground, but finally got her!

• Like 1