Windshield Replacement

Suntzuzuki

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to Australia 3 times and NZ, never saw a 521. Saw lots of 510s and other datsuns 240k stanza ect.... but never a 521

My glass said it was made in Australia. If iits made in China Im sure the chinese would love to say it on there to piss off white people!!!!!!

They have 521s in Australia, I bought the RHD wiper system from a member on here that lives over there that was parting one out.

Wayno did you get it from Clive.

I just went in and looked at the shipping box, yes I bought it from Clive.

I am now thinking I should have bought the steering gear also, I should have had him cut the column off about 4 inches above the gear and had him ship it.

I am having a really hard time finding the RHD 720 power steering gear I want, but I might have another guy looking for me over there, I am starting to think they didn't make them in RHD.

• Like 1

I bought two 521 windshields last year from Pilkington Classic Auto. About 300 bucks apiece delivered.

* EDIT *

Yes they ship them in batches, so I had to wait a few weeks to get mine.  I had it delivered to an intermediate location in my area because they come off the truck in a big wood crate.  The site I had them delivered to (a warehouse in Sacramento) where they unboxed the windshield and inspected it, even gave me some packing material to carry it home in.  Nice.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

While I appreciated the idea from a different thread of always driving away from the sun in my 521 rather than towards it, I am looking for a new windshield. The husband is expressing safety concerns since the haze from the delamination problem is pretty bad across the whole windshield.

In any case, as an update on this thread: I emailed Ross from sportsimports.ca and he replied that he doesn't have any 521 windshields available. I asked how many commitments it would take for him to pursue it, but no reply as of yet. I'm also still waiting to hear back from Pilkington.

• Like 1

Wayno is so right... there is nothing like a new windshield.

The older the truck, the more difference it makes, qualitatively, to look out trough fresh glass. I use the windshield replacement as a mid-resto inspiration point. A new windshield makes any rig seem like it is on the way back to glory. It is a safety item as well. A new windshield is the one thing- besides upholstery- that I will always splurge for. It is worth it.

Just sayin’...

WINDSHIELD%20GOING%20IN_zpsdde17mrl.jpg

Hi everyone,

I heard back from Pilkington:

1971 DATSUN 521
PART # FW197BTN (BLUE TINT)
IS AVAILABLE
COST $310.00
CRATE & SHIPPING COST TO COMMERCIAL ADDRESS TO LOWER 48
$125.00

I also called ProSource, they quoted me a bit higher cost wise:

FW197 (also blue tint)

$350, $155 freight, $25 packing

commercial address

I hope this is helpful for others. Just leave one around for me, ok? ;)