FNG

smoke

Hi folks, I'm new here but have lurked a time or two. I also see that a number of you are from my neck of the woods, so that's cool. Here is the reader's digest version of my Datsun story...My father purchased a new 521 in Nov of 1970 from a dealer in Alaska. This truck moved us around all over the country and even down into Southern Baja Mexico. This was Dad's daily driver and ONLY vehicle for over 35 years.

This story ends with me now being the owner of the truck. Needless to say, the original engine was pretty tired, so when I got it, I installed a L18 with a 5 speed. I am in my 40s now and having spent over half of my life in the Marine Corps, I have grown to enjoy working on my 521 much more than being shot at, it's a nice change of pace.

I am sure I will meet up with some of you around here as time goes by and I look forward to that.

• Like 3
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Wayno. Sorry for not posting pictures yet, I clearly have some kind of a glitch going on. Can't seem to get anything to 'paste' here. I've tried several different ways with no luck yet.

Look in "General Discussions" section.  There's a whole lot of how to post pictures etc. info there.

I think it may be the "being in you 40's" thing....ever since I turned 49 I have not been able to post a single pic in here, and I have posted plenty prior to that. :thumbup:

Yeah sure, photobucket. I first tried the img thing, would not just paste, I click paste, nothing happens. Then that image thing in the tool bar, which locks up my screen, then even tried the simple way of trying to just copy it from PB and pasting it, nothing.

G'day Smoke and welcome.

If your computer uses internet explorer as a browser this could be your problem.

If it has updated itself to internet explorer 11 (latest version) you cannot paste into Ratsun.

If you can change browser to chrome you can then paste where you like.

Internet explorer 11 is a pain in the rump, many people are having problems with it.

Shame on Microsoft for such a lousy version of what is normally a very reliable product.

-Shane.

It's just taken me three hours and two Microsoft technicians to fix the same problem.

Turns out the update for internet explorer 11 (IE11) did NOT install properly.

Had to remove it and reinstall.

For Microsoft help I called their helpline/technical department.

The number in Australia was 13 20 58

Not sure if that number works for you guys overseas.

stop using ineternet expolorer nice truck clean as fuck

Yeah, that was the solution. Thanks, it's all there. I am powder coating the wheels this weekend and will see what I can do with the hub caps. Three of them look like they can be mostly brought back with some polishing, one, I think a cat pissed on or something and that shit is acid.

It's just taken me three hours and two Microsoft technicians to fix the same problem.

Turns out the update for internet explorer 11 (IE11) did NOT install properly.

Had to remove it and reinstall.

For Microsoft help I called their helpline/technical department.

The number in Australia was 13 20 58

Not sure if that number works for you guys overseas.

heres a idea stop using the worst browser known to man (firefox or opera work good and chrome a good option too ..)    ask me how i know ... i used ie for years ... it sux ..

• Like 1

Yeah, that was the solution. Thanks, it's all there. I am powder coating the wheels this weekend and will see what I can do with the hub caps. Three of them look like they can be mostly brought back with some polishing, one, I think a cat pissed on or something and that shit is acid.

triple ooo steel wool and polishing compound should shine them up ... need any colors let me know ....

.i also have  few decent ones should u need a a player off the bench ...most of mine are salvageable.... but i have the cat piss one too lol

ps u should lower the shit out of it too

i has to steer clear of most road kills.,...

628D7213-BBE1-49D9-A69F-658E7F2D6F1C_zps

oh and for the record other datsun wave to one another like this ... dont get pissed if u feel like your getting flipped off alot thats just the ratsun salute ... its a good thing

null_zps73c7c587.jpg

can never have enough pics in a thread just saying

C9D21C04-32E0-48D1-A592-3BAD20490F2E_zps

edit ... damn it i just noticed in my second pic my tie down is flapping all over the place....thats not like me lol