1971 4dr 510

zat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard was this to install, I'm thinking about buying this set up. Because... Moar lower :)

http://www3.telus.net/byron510/meston_motorsports_003.htm

FutoFab sells Byron's rear camber/toe brackets. These brackets only replace the inner trailing arm brackets, so when adjusting camber the outer bushing needs to be compliant to shift "off axis" when you move the inner pivot point for camber adjustment. We recommend using either the stock rubber bushings or monoball bushing replacements to keep the suspension from binding.

FutoFab sells DPR monoball replacement bushings for the rear trailing arms (not listed on our site, please email me for info/purchase). This kit will replace all 4 trailing arm bushings, These, while snug fitting are not designed to be a press fit and will need to be tack welded in place once installed.

The kit using the stock 510 pivot bolts is $295/set + S&H. ($6 US). We have these in stock.

DPR19.jpg

• Like 1

FutoFab sells Byron's rear camber/toe brackets. These brackets only replace the inner trailing arm brackets, so when adjusting camber the outer bushing needs to be compliant to shift "off axis" when you move the inner pivot point for camber adjustment. We recommend using either the stock rubber bushings or monoball bushing replacements to keep the suspension from binding.

FutoFab sells DPR monoball replacement bushings for the rear trailing arms (not listed on our site, please email me for info/purchase). This kit will replace all 4 trailing arm bushings, These, while snug fitting are not designed to be a press fit and will need to be tack welded in place once installed.

The kit using the stock 510 pivot bolts is $295/set + S&H. ($6 US). We have these in stock.

DPR19.jpg

wow these look real good!

time to update my wishlist.

• 3 weeks later...

PO of my car decided he would do everyone a favour by swapping the original dashboard.

He grafted in the whole dash of 1st gen honda accord(that was the trend back then). pfffffttttttt!

For the sake of everyone's eyes i decided not to share the blasphemous pix here.

That being said, i had to search high and low for a complete, decent condition dash(which is quite scarce here).

so here goes:

35_zpscd5d438f.jpg

glovebox door hinge is busted

36_zps6d5b2ea2.jpg

radio delete with coin tray(i think)

37_zps618a5495.jpg

gauges looks good

38_zpsb7ee4531.jpg

any suggestions on how to restore the plastic parts? do i need to paint them?

• Like 2

Personally I like to clean my plastic with some Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer and a "tooth brush".  Then I wipe Mother's Protectant on it.  Try it in a small un-noticeable spot before doing the whole thing, just to make sure you like the outcome.

4168CuOAWkL.jpg

0007817505324_500X500.jpg

If that doesn't get you the look your going for, and you decide to paint it,  you will have to clean the spot with some wax and grease remover like Deltron DX330 or equivalent before you paint it.  I'm not sure if this is the correct color for you, but SEM makes some great Plasitc parts paint.  I've used their "Honda black" bumper coater on some cars, and it was a perfect match to the 80's factory black paint, and durable.  I would pick up some of this paint below and see if it's the color your going for...  There might be some other options, I just grabbed this example from a quick search.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/sem-flex-black-bumper-coater-39103-p-15329.aspx?gclid=CJa78vj99bwCFdBqfgodV0MAGg

sem-bumper-coater-aerosol.gif

• Like 1

Personally I like to clean my plastic with some Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer and a "tooth brush".  Then I wipe Mother's Protectant on it.  Try it in a small un-noticeable spot before doing the whole thing, just to make sure you like the outcome.

If that doesn't get you the look your going for, and you decide to paint it,  you will have to clean the spot with some wax and grease remover like Deltron DX330 or equivalent before you paint it.  I'm not sure if this is the correct color for you, but SEM makes some great Plasitc parts paint.  I've used their "Honda black" bumper coater on some cars, and it was a perfect match to the 80's factory black paint, and durable.  I would pick up some of this paint below and see if it's the color your going for...  There might be some other options, I just grabbed this example from a quick search.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/sem-flex-black-bumper-coater-39103-p-15329.aspx?gclid=CJa78vj99bwCFdBqfgodV0MAGg

thanx for the info mate!

will surely try them.

• 4 weeks later...

i've been busy (and lazy, mostly). not much work done except for procuring a few stuffs.

i have this decal reproduced. what do you guys think?

40_zps72e51403.jpg

got this NOS front turn signal (without box though) with some storage wear.

41_zpse2014929.jpg

42_zps9055dae1.jpg

can anybody advise whether this is correct for our 510?

43_zps643a0658.jpg

44_zps80988d2c.jpg

45_zps34193e24.jpg

According to the part number 25540-B5000 its for 620.

Kindly advise. Thanx

can you suggest me to procedure of repair this item ?

thank you Bro. 

hey man, sorry couldn't be much help. i just choose the material and the upholsterer did the rest.

• 1 month later...