Project Datstang

Bory

The rack is a bit long, it will be a tad off set to the right, the drivers side tie rod will work, but the left side will have to be cut a bit, then the threads chased down farther. Ford tie rods are a bit fatter, so had to open up the spindle a bit.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally, you want the ball joints on the ends of the rack to be on the same line as the lower control arm pivots. In the case with our trucks, the line is from the TC rod to the control arm pivot. And it should be mounted to the rack in a straight line between the two steering knuckle ends. If you don't you will have a shit load of bump steer.

There is no "bolt in" rack that I have been able to find. I will be cutting one in half when I do mine. 

• Like 1

While I have the steering apart- I acquired a luv step side bed, not a big fan of the mid 80's chevy fenders, I grabbed some 67-72 fullsize chevy fenders, steps and fleet side inner fenders from the same year fleet side.

The step should fit under the fender, but that was too low, plus it was too long. So I cut its length, and raised up the side of the fender, yo match the bottom body line

• Like 1