Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought at first it was crankcase pressure sending oil residue thru the dist shaft up into the cap, which was an issue, oil breaking down in the brass bushing causing higher friction after it breaks down. But In both cases there was all this debri, plastic and all this metal shavings. So on the second dist after it's fail, after pulling it out, the shaft would hardly turn. When I got the third one new, I checked the back lash on the shaft, and it had as much as you would find on an axle shaft. So when I installed the third one and snug it down, the back lash was gone. So after spacing it. I got the back lash back. So well see. It only took like half of a turn on the retainer bolt to get the backlash back. Which I thought was good, for a very small spacer.

42FEE766-0CBA-46DF-B3B8-D44470E016E9_zps

I pulled up to one of these last night on the way home, M3 with big fatties in the rear and crazy sounding exhaust, we started out casual start then he jumped on it, then of course I did, he was in my rear view before I shifted to 2nd, feels real good!! I ruined his whole month!!

• Like 2

Ya it does, it got me under 200, on the freeway in 100 degree day

Odd that it runs hotter at highway speed.  Watch the lower rad hose and rev it up... does it collapse from the pump suction? Ahhh I see the rad is in the back so it gets no help from vehicle speed through the air.

Tie some ribbons all over behind the cab and see which way the air is moving back there. Orient the rad so the air and the fans flow in the same direction. Perhaps towards the tailgate maybe even upward so it can get exchanged for cooler. You may be blowing a big bubble of hot air in a circle behind the cab.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya that is a fresh air intake, and I have my heating issues resolved, I like running it around 200, which at first I thought that was too hot. But this late model motor likes those temps.

• Like 1

Ya your right! Iv seen this dizzy as low as 59 bucks with wires, it's really plug and play, only thing is the playtime equals that if an NBA game. So I dropped 165 more and the summit credit of 139, and I had the box and coil from the Stang doner.

Well just got the msd dist. and found that the cam I'm running calls for a steal gear, not a cast iron gear it comes with. So have to order that, but in the meanwhile, I wired up the new set up. Did fire it up, but I will have to pull it out and switch out the gear when it arives. No runnin it till it gets here.

• 2 weeks later...