Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a real good Q, cus i wanted to have a pretty good looking interior, not an astro van looking hump with no room for feet to be the boss of some peddles..

i went with the 90 mustang motor and 4 speed trans..auto that is, lost the fuel injection to simplify the install. going with a holly 600. to answer your Q, straight drop. im retaining the heater box and firewall.  i was trippin on a guy who started the same project, with a 289, and was putting the carb under the firewall, that thing was deep in the cab, but then like many others his progress stopped, and God only knows what happen with his project. basic design is pulleys right on grill and a mustang 4 core in the bed. i used the torsion tunnels to run the 1- 1/2" coolant pipes to the rear. the 521 road real low with no suspension resistance, so i converted the shock tower to a coil over system. this called for a 3-1/4" tower stretch to get the ride height right where i want it. runnin 3" block and 2" de-arch on stock rear springs.runnin the stock fuel tank behind the axle turned a 1/4 turn. exhaust is 3 chamber flowmasters located in the bed behind the wheel wells. im trying to keep the air as cool as i can under the truck due to the fact, that is where my air intake is. im running two 10" fans as pullers, my headers are swapped from left to right so now they point forward, so they will loop forward and under the cross member just past the cab and thru the bed floor to the outside edge and over the wheelwells and into the fm's. one of the coolest mods i did was run 245/16 in the rear, but they stuck out, so i split the entire length of the bed from front to back on both sides, directly in the center of the wheelwell, 7/8" so now the bed has a wider look, but suttle. 9 out of 10 guys wont notice but real datsun guys will. i have some bitchin pics of all of this shite, but my kids are gonna show me how to get them on tonight.. wish me luck.

• Like 2