'72 Colt Wagon - Worth Anything?

There was a Colt wagon parked in a guy's driveway near me

awhile back.Seemed pretty clean,other than a "rattle can" paint job.

I finally stopped by,& asked him what he was going to do with it,

& he told me that he was moving,& he might need to get rid of it,& that

he'd let me know.

Then one day it was gone,& he'd moved out,so i figured that he

took it with him.Turns out that he moved nearby,but is moving out of  the

area,& it needs to go.

He said that he has a lot of spare parts that go with it,& that he'll

call me this next week,so that I can look at it again. 

What are these worth?Is anyone interested in it,if I pass on it?I'd

like to see it saved,but don't really need another project right now,as I picked

up a '68 Cortina wagon about a year ago,& need to work on it.

- Doug

• Like 2
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted it on a Mitsu forum and someone emailed the guy and got this info from him

"Missing carpet, body panel rust issues (he cut some holes and filled with bondo), has a slew of spare parts and full engine swap, but he's pretty sure it's too far gone to save."

153781-0-0-0.jpg

I'd buy it for a parts car, never have enough wagon parts.

Missing carpet, body panel rust issues (he cut some holes and filled with bondo), has a slew of spare parts and full engine swap, but he's pretty sure it's too far gone to save.

153781-0-0-0.jpg

I'd buy it for a parts car, never have enough wagon parts.

you want to part with one of them?

akcuox.jpg

255rjva.jpg

I'd like to park it next to the Cricket to show people it's not a Mitsubishi (or a 510/610; I get that all the time as well)

Lol Well your Cricket isn't a Mitsubishi, but the later 70s ones were like my Roommate's 78 Sedan he brought down from Canada. Your's is a Hillman Avenger "Plymouth Cricket".

That blue one I posted is the 72 that the OP is talking about, not one of mine. 

I get the "nice datsun" all the time too. Should Drive your Cricket up here to Bham!

71-73 are 1st gens, 74-early 77 are 2nd gens, 77-79 Wagons are 3rd gen (Sigmas), 77-79 Coupes/Sedans are 1st gen Lancers, 76-80 Arrow/Arrow GT/FireArrows are Lancer Celestes.

Introduced in 1970 as model year 71, the first generation Dodge Colt was an Americanized first generation Mitsubishi Colt Galant.

2nd gen Galant Wagons are the same as 1st gens from the Windshield to the rear. The nose is different between the two; fenders, front valence, corner lights, Quad 5 3/4" lights vs the 7" lights, engine bay is longer, grills, bumpers, turn signals, battery mount location, interior is similar but different too. 

Example: My 75 Wagon. Two styles of grills/turn indicators existed between the 2nd gens in themselves and don't interchange.

59104_10151540866600336_1179715144_n.jpg

My old 77 (nov 76 build date) Wagon

268276_10150312504170336_7125503_n.jpg

71-73 Wagon (unless you have a freak of nature mid year change over 73 that has a 74+ body), Notice the shorter nose and small bumpers

7505060502_9504249cd4_z.jpg

I've seen one other blue one ONCE in the bothell area before a couple years back, but I know mine wouldn't have been the one you've seen, because before I sent it off to NW Recyclers, I retained the doors, hatch, hood, dash, control arms and seats. Stripped and sold everything else last Feb/March.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...