What offset for 15x7 wheels on 510 Wagon??

It's time to get bigger wheels for disc brakes. I have stock struts on my wagon with 2 inch lowering springs for the front and 2 inch blocks for the rear. I found some Enkei classic rims 15x7. What offset should I order if I don't want to do any mods to make the wheels fit? 25mm or 0 or 38?

Thanks in advanced.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a wagon guy but I'll say +25, long studs, spacers.  Or 0's if you plan on uber tyre stretch and demon camber on front axle... 

I'm sure you are aware that 510/zx struts have different track widths up front, not sure what you've got...

Moar oics will help.

15x7 should be easier than 8's...

Measure what you have and go from there.  What are your current wheel specs and where do you have more room?

I run 15x7 0's (currently) and the rear is a tough fit if you plan to go low. I'm about 6" lower than stock and I've removed the rear door bump, pulled the fender and narrowed the axle 12mm (for 8" in the future mostly)

The front is 280zx and after just a little fender roll your good to go

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

IMG_3413.jpg

15x7 +25mm with a 1/4in spacer. Tires are 205/50 and the fenders are rolled. 

IMG_3414.jpg

Rears are the same, no spacer needed. Fenders are also rolled, I'm about a half inch lower than that now with practically no rub problems (I hit the infamous door "bump" when I hit something really big on the freeway)

With ZX struts:

Same wheel and tire combo, I needed a 15mm spacer and much longer studs

IMG_6506_zps5c1e167f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey so a negative offset would on a stock suspension is no good correct? they handed me some wheels but the front stick out a lot recently I checked the off set and it said -9 I think would there be away to make them tuck the front fenders? the backs or ok no problems! they are 14x7 Rewinds! 

recently I checked the off set and it said -9 ???????????

pass on them. buy the correct wheels and save the headache.

I didn't buy them by friend gave them to me but I had just placed them but didn't really check the back of the rim until recently but yeah I will sell them and place my old one on again some Libres!! thanks for the advice I don't really understand this offset thing :confused:

• 2 months later...

this thread helped me out a lot, so time to pay it forward.

Konig Rewinds 15x7, 0 offset

Yokohama Avid Ascend 185/55R15

Front: zx struts with the perch lowered about 2.25" compared to stock. Not sure what that means compared to stock 510 struts. No fender roll

Rear I'm running something slightly less than 2.5" blocks. I ended up throwing some monroe air shocks in the back so I could load up with stuff and I have to air up to like 15 psi to combat rubs around town so I imagine I'm about 2" lower than stock in the rear. Too much bondo means no fender rolls

Pretty happy with it for the most part. I'm not going as low as I could in the rear because I rub, but I could cut out that inner fender lip and drop it down another couple of inches.

IMG_1413_zpsc43b7f5f.jpg

IMG_1414_zps69e600d7.jpg

IMG_1415_zpseafc05fd.jpg

IMG_1417_zpscafe61ee.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

edin, your goon looks great. Love those gold rewinds.

I'm only a few hours away from you in southern maine (pretty close for datsun to datsun distance on the east coast)

I have little to offer this thread since i have a 4 door sedan, but i had trouble stuffing a 15x7+0 with a 195/50r15 up front, but im betting if i went with the 185 it probably would have, it was damn close, but camber plates and or adjustable LCAs will get me there.