69 521 Build

earlyvws

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The only thing that truck is missing is a pair of unobtainium stainless steel dimpled door rain visors. Hey, what a coincidence, I have a pair out in my shed that I'm no longer using since I just got a set of four... Hahaha!!! Poor Tanker, everyone expects him to buy their #rareparts they no longer need...

• Like 1

The only thing that truck is missing is a pair of unobtainium stainless steel dimpled door rain visors. Hey, what a coincidence, I have a pair out in my shed that I'm no longer using since I just got a set of four. Joe do you care because I know I dont give 2 shits what parts you got.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

The only thing that truck is missing is a pair of unobtainium stainless steel dimpled door rain visors. Hey, what a coincidence, I have a pair out in my shed that I'm no longer using since I just got a set of four. Joe do you care because I know I dont give 2 shits what parts you got.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh sorry Joe, for some reason I thought this was Mr. big tankers thread. I'll just throw the visors with all my other stupid parts I can't fit on my wagon

image_zpstrbfcg1v.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back from the dead... Now the walking dead:)

Joe received the new Pilkington windshield, short shifter and Hella E-code headlights. Now he's working on the wiring.

With progress being made, I may have to sell a car to two to clear some room in the garage for this!

Anyone interested in a very nice BMW E36? Drop me a PM.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This truck needs some updates. I know some one got a radiator for it.. :rofl:

Radiator turned out awesome! I am having trouble with Photobucket so pics will come later. But let's just say this truck likely will not overheat on the surface of the sun with this radiator. 

I expect some good updates soon. Got tired of fiddle-farting around looking for a good condition used KA24DE harness, so I went all Big Tanker and bought a new Wiring Specialties stock 240sx harness, which Joe and his buddy Joel the electrician integrated into the 521 harness using a CanAm box.

This way, no cut wires, no loose or worn wiring connectors, everything is neat, custom and will be tucked up nice.

Joe is working on a custom gauge panel to hold the Speed Hut gauges I had made. A thousand little things all coming together now.

I might get to drive it in a month or so. Very pleased with how it is turning out. Pics soon.

• Like 2

Nothing tops the Big Tanker seal of approval:)

BTW: Do you own an FJ-powered lawnmower yet? A hydrogen fuel edger for speedy yard work?

When I was trying to mow in 111 degree heat yesterday, I kept wishing my little ol' Honda mower had a MBT-approved NOS bottle to speed things up. 

• Like 2

Nothing tops the Big Tanker seal of approval:)

BTW: Do you own an FJ-powered lawnmower yet? A hydrogen fuel edger for speedy yard work?

When I was trying to mow in 111 degree heat yesterday, I kept wishing my little ol' Honda mower had a MBT-approved NOS bottle to speed things up. 

Funny Guy, just get that dam truck running already how many years now has this project taken? And i have a honda powered lawn mower also.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...